OT: Question about a Bruins/Whalers avatar?

CTU2fan

Jul 12, 2009
I was telling my nephew about this, he was a Whaler fan but switched to my brother's Bruins when the Whale split to Carolina. Anyway it was a Bruins logo, but the "B" was a Whaler logo turned on its side to make the B. But I can't remember who's avi it was so I could show my nephew.

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
I was telling my nephew about this, he was a Whaler fan but switched to my brother's Bruins when the Whale split to Carolina. Anyway it was a Bruins logo, but the "B" was a Whaler logo turned on its side to make the B. But I can't remember who's avi it was so I could show my nephew.

Weird because very very few in CT have adopted the Bruins.
Out of all the Boston teams the Bruins have the smallest by far base.
It is the one sport where NY has the largest advantage.
Most Whaler fans simply stopped caring about the NHL, became free agents, went to the Rangers, before going to their rivals.

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
Weird because very very few in CT have adopted the Bruins.
Out of all the Boston teams the Bruins have the smallest by far base.
It is the one sport where NY has the largest advantage.
Most Whaler fans simply stopped caring about the NHL, became free agents, went to the Rangers, before going to their rivals.

The fact that the Rangers have their AHL team in Hartford has something to do with it, too.

NHL Hartford

Mar 16, 2008
Hartford, CT
www.facebook.com
The Bruins are the most popular NHL team east of the river, but the Rangers are the most popular in the state. I also fall under the category of Whalers-Bruins fan. Residents east of the river are more inclined to align with Boston/NE and those in the Western part are drawn to NY.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad