question about '04 draftees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
this usually slips my mind but isnt there a date that they gotta be signed in order to play at all next season (if there is one)... if so when is the deadline? i wanna say i thought it was aug. 15th but i think im wrong

thanks

TMHUNH

Feb 27, 2003
NH
Visit site
zetterberg40 said:
this usually slips my mind but isnt there a date that they gotta be signed in order to play at all next season (if there is one)... if so when is the deadline? i wanna say i thought it was aug. 15th but i think im wrong

thanks

There is no deadline to be signed by. In fact...most players who play right off won't be signed until they prove themselves at camp first, which isn't until September. Then if they look good enough in the preseason and can make the opening night roster that is when a deal is usually worked out.

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
zetterberg40 said:

thanks

I think you're talking of the russians players...In the past year, the GM's had to sign the russian players before july 15th but that was with the old agreement. They are actualy working on a new agreement but for now, they can sign them anytime but they have to pay to make the transfert.

Ex: The Moscow Dynamo want 2 millions to make the transfert od Oveshkin...

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
Freaky Habs Fan said:
I think you're talking of the russians players...In the past year, the GM's had to sign the russian players before july 15th but that was with the old agreement. They are actualy working on a new agreement but for now, they can sign them anytime but they have to pay to make the transfert.

Ex: The Moscow Dynamo want 2 millions to make the transfert od Oveshkin...

yea that might be, i always thought though there was a deadline for new draftees...

anyway

thanks for clearing that up... :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad