Rumor: Quenneville going to Philly...

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
If this really happends and Army didn't match up Philly's money.

giphy.gif

If the money is even, why wouldn't he choose Philly over the Blues anyway? Bigger market, team probably closer to success, somewhere new for him....I would be shocked if he chooses STL over the other options out there. I'd be happy, but shocked.

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012
What am I supposed to be looking up? Bobby Mac, and the NHL have confirmed it

It is crazy. He was just fired about 30 minutes ago after the article came out. After until about noon off today hakstol had not been fired. Those reports were obviously someone leaking. Pretty lousy.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I think it seems obvious that he will eventually end up in Philly after this. There's just way too much smoke.

It's not shocking at all that he didn't come here. Why would he? What is the incentive unless we just blow him away with an offer and over pay.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
It is crazy. He was just fired about 30 minutes ago after the article came out. After until about noon off today hakstol had not been fired. Those reports were obviously someone leaking. Pretty lousy.
I'm too lazy to get back on Twitter and see when the tweets came out but there was a large number that confirmed the firing and internship.

I try not to read articles on fluid situations.

Reactions: cardinalnation

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012
I'm too lazy to get back on Twitter and see when the tweets came out but there was a large number that confirmed the firing and internship.

I try not to read articles on fluid situations.

There was no confirmation from the team or anyone who matters until about noon today. Everything before that was unofficial. It was a rumor being treated as fact. The fact it turned out to be true makes me wonder if the rest is a fact too and someone there in Philly is leaking the story. I have always detested the Flyers and if Quennville picks them over vthe Blues it would go along with everything else that has happened the last two years.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I think it seems obvious that he will eventually end up in Philly after this. There's just way too much smoke.

It's not shocking at all that he didn't come here. Why would he? What is the incentive unless we just blow him away with an offer and over pay.
Ja'crispy? That you?

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
There was no confirmation from the team or anyone who matters until about noon today. Everything before that was unofficial. It was a rumor being treated as fact. The fact it turned out to be true makes me wonder if the rest is a fact too and someone there in Philly is leaking the story. I have always detested the Flyers and if Quennville picks them over vthe Blues it would go along with everything else that has happened the last two years.
Yea, I can understand that. Hakstol being fired was only a matter of time though.

Now there's this

Reactions: cardinalnation

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Now this is all just pure speculation on my part. I think that when the decision to fire Yeo was made Army reached out to Q. My thoughts tell me that coach Q wanted to take some time off and spend the holiday season with his family, something that he hasn't really been able to do for a long time. I think he told Army this hence Army's comments at the presser about an extended HC search, I bet after the holidays are settled we will find out what Quennvilles future is and Army is stuck playing the waiting game until his decision. I mean Coach Q has got to be the number one choice, right?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Now this is all just pure speculation on my part. I think that when the decision to fire Yeo was made Army reached out to Q. My thoughts tell me that coach Q wanted to take some time off and spend the holiday season with his family, something that he hasn't really been able to do for a long time. I think he told Army this hence Army's comments at the presser about an extended HC search, I bet after the holidays are settled we will find out what Quennvilles future is and Army is stuck playing the waiting game until his decision. I mean Coach Q has got to be the number one choice, right?

This would make sense. Q telling people that he wants to take the full season off makes sense. Also, Army wanting to do a complete/comprehensive search to make sure he gets a coach that matches the identity makes sense.

steinerecliner

May 15, 2018

He has to be based on how many 3 time Cup winning coaches are out there still wanting to coach. The Blues need a guy behind the bench that knows how to win a cup and Q is that guy. All the other options I saw that was rumored when Yeo was fired, didn't have Stanley Cup winner in the resume, best I saw was Conference titles at the NHL level. The other a very successful AHL/OHL coach.

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012
This would make sense. Q telling people that he wants to take the full season off makes sense. Also, Army wanting to do a complete/comprehensive search to make sure he gets a coach that matches the identity makes sense.

Makes perfect sense to me too. Does anyone know if Quennville has mad a public statement on a timetable? I would think he would want some control over his roster so might an offseason hire make more sense than coming in half season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad