Rumor: Quenneville going to Philly...

m1a2lt

Jul 13, 2009
Confirmed reports Hakstol has been fired by the Flyers and the will hire Joel Quenneville.

With Barube with a worse winning percentage than Yeo, what is the plan? I don’t think there is one.

Many of these issues have been contributed to coaching and no action has been taken. Obviously, Quenneville wanted to coach; so why isn’t he here? Maybe he didn’t want to come here. Maybe Chicago wouldn’t make any cuts for his salary. But, a coach that has only been a head coach in the Central heads east, hmmmm.

I am pulling into St Louis Blues Union Station and it is time to change trains from the Armstrong love to the 9:32 Armstrong hate express.

I will be more than happy to eat crow if the GM does something.

m1a2lt

Jul 13, 2009
Also, makes me think he may be talking to another team out there. Giving them an ultimatum...

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Hard to be mad over this if it’s true. Hakstol being fired was at least a year overdue. Flyers deserve a new coach.

Reactions: CNote

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
If this really happends and Army didn't match up Philly's money.

giphy.gif

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
You can't trust anything that Quenneville says about it at this point. The Flyers have a coach and he'll show him respect by not inviting any speculation with even open answers, even if he is about to take over.

If Strickland says he talked to Quenneville, I believe that he talked to him. If he was going to lie then he could have been vague about his source rather than risk the possibility of getting called out.

Reactions: CNote

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012
Now it appears Dave Hakstol has not even been fired. Is this just media run amok? How disrespectful if people to float this BS without a confirmation. Geeeesh!

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
He's been fired but someone is the interm coach. Scott Gordon will be the Interm

If Q was going to be the Blues coach, then it would have happened.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Q isn't coming here, he probably never was. Our situation going forward is a tossup, and we aren't going to pay top dollar for a coach.

How often do coaches return to previous spots, and spots that weren't an overwhelming success?

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Q isn't coming here, he probably never was. Our situation going forward is a tossup, and we aren't going to pay top dollar for a coach.

How often do coaches return to previous spots, and spots that weren't an overwhelming success?
I'm just open to the idea he may not be the right coach. Over the years I've seen what Hawk fans have said, and it mirrors our aggravations with coaches.

I don't know a think about actually pointing at a HC and saying...that's the guy to get this team going. I think Q would have alot of weight behind his name and ultimately his downfall was Bowman killing the roster. I liked the way the Hawks played but was that system or personal

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I'm just open to the idea he may not be the right coach. Over the years I've seen what Hawk fans have said, and it mirrors our aggravations with coaches.

I don't know a think about actually pointing at a HC and saying...that's the guy to get this team going. I think Q would have alot of weight behind his name and ultimately his downfall was Bowman killing the roster. I liked the way the Hawks played but was that system or personal

Top coaches usually get overly dissected by fans. We did that with Hitch, Hawk fans did that with Q, and it happened with Babcock as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dbrownss

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014

We will see how accurate Andy is in this one.

Q isn't going to tell a lowly Blues media person about his future aspirations before they are publicly announced.

Im not saying Q is going to Philly but I won't be surprised if he does after telling AS he wasn't.

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012
He's been fired but someone is the interm coach. Scott Gordon will be the Interm

If Q was going to be the Blues coach, then it would have happened.

WRONG! Dave Hakstol is the head coach as if right now. There is NO interim coach and there have been no moves made by the Flyers other than calling up a backup goaltender. See this is what I am talking about right here. The media can convince people in moments of things that are not true at all. He has not been fired!

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
WRONG! Dave Hakstol is the head coach as if right now. There is NO interim coach and there have been no moves made by the Flyers other than calling up a backup goaltender. See this is what I am talking about right here. The media can convince people in moments of things that are not true at all. He has not been fired!
He has been fired.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Q isn't going to tell a lowly Blues media person about his future aspirations before they are publicly announced.

Im not saying Q is going to Philly but I won't be surprised if he does after telling AS he wasn't.

It's not crazy that Strickland has good contacts with him. People might not like Strickland, but he definitely has plenty of contacts throughout the league, and he was covering hockey and the Blues back when Q was originally here.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
WRONG!

Happened over half an hour ago.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
It's not crazy that Strickland has good contacts with him. People might not like Strickland, but he definitely has plenty of contacts throughout the league, and he was covering hockey and the Blues back when Q was originally here.

Remember at that Blues presser earlier this season when someone told Army that Hitch just took a job in EDM and Army was all "I have no idea about that." And Army and Hitch are like BFFs. Army probably knew. AS is wrong A LOT. Again, im not saying Q is going to Philly but why on earth before its official would Q tell the media of a different team about it?

You honestly think Q would be like "Yeah man im going to Philly!" To AS before Philly had even fired their coach? Come on.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Remember at that Blues presser earlier this season when someone told Army that Hitch just took a job in EDM and Army was all "I have no idea about that." And Army and Hitch are like BFFs. Army probably knew. AS is wrong A LOT. Again, im not saying Q is going to Philly but why on earth before its official would Q tell the media of a different team about it?

You honestly think Q would be like "Yeah man im going to Philly!" To AS before Philly had even fired their coach? Come on.
I read your post wrong. I agree that any coach wouldn't confirm something like that before an official announcement. It's kind of a silly question to ask him.

Reactions: Lancer

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Is this some type of satire?

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

What's even better is Chiarelli talked to Army about Hitch.:laugh:

Reactions: Lancer

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Q might go to Philly, but there clearly wasn't a deal in place. If a deal was done between Q and Philly, there is just no chance that the Flyers would announce an interim coach a full day after it was reported that Q was hired. They might be working on a contract and he might take over soon, but the announcement of an interim coach pretty much confirms that no deal has been reached yet.

Reactions: 67Blues

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad