In Memoriam Queen Elizabeth II has died, Buckingham Palace announces

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
As far as William goes, in addition to being invested as the Prince of Wales (which probably won't happen for a couple years due to the funeral, coronation, etc.), he will also inherit the titles of Duke of Cornwall and Rothesay from his father.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
RIP Queen Elizabeth II, she ruled through some very tough times and was thrown into the role at a young age. I have always respected her, she really did change with the times. It will be strange to see King Charles on our money going forward, the odd time I might get a King George nickel but it is rare now.

Edited to add: I have never heard God Save the King, so that will be odd as well. I was born in England and we sang God Save the Queen regularly at school.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
She lived a long and mostly healthy life. Her death makes me sad. She was made queen the year I was born. She served at the end of WW 2. Queen Elizabeth always believed in her duty. She lived a very different life that all of us but was a strong leader during many difficult times.

I always admired her. I doubt there will ever be another like her.

1662661446515.png

E

Last edited:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
RIP Queen Elizabeth II, she ruled through some very tough times and was thrown into the role at a young age. I have always respected her, she really did change with the times. It will be strange to see King Charles on our money going forward, the odd time I might get a King George nickel but it is rare now.

Edited to add: I have never heard God Save the King, so that will be odd as well. I was born in England and we sang God Save the Queen regularly at school.
It is going to be strange to hear God Save the King.

I've always found it fascinating that the writers took the melody of that song and turned it into My Country Tis of Thee.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
I really don't pay all that much attention to the Royal Family stuff. I know they do a lot of charity work these days and that they really have little to no actual say in the running of the country anymore but that's about it. I was incredibly surprised to read on a group that I'm in the number of people who vehemently don't like her or the royal family. I'm afraid to ask what "terrible" things they've done under modern day "rule" but I doubt it will go well LOL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad