Quarterfinals announced!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Winner said:
And I thought the Czech is difficult language :biglaugh:
Finnish is a very simple language if you know Latin, basically the same grammar, and everything is pronounced as it is written (Latin letters with nordic additions of Ä and Ö)

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
mattihp said:
Finnish is a very simple language if you know Latin, basically the same grammar, and everything is pronounced as it is written (Latin letters with nordic additions of Ä and Ö)

PERKELE SATAN! :rant:

Winner

May 5, 2005
Czech rep.
mattihp said:

Well, the same can be said about Czech :) But if I learn for example German, many words are familiar, grammar is similar and so on. Finnish and Hungarian languages are completely different languages, I don't understand a singe word :) But I am sure they sounds nice :)

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Winner said:
Well, the same can be said about Czech :) But if I learn for example German, many words are familiar, grammar is similar and so on. Finnish and Hungarian languages are completely different languages, I don't understand a singe word :) But I am sure they sounds nice :)
Hungarian sounds like a mish-mash for a finn like finnish sounds for a hungarian ;) finns and hungarians don't share vocabularies, only grammatical system.
Estonian and finnish sound much alike and are closer relatives.

Winner

May 5, 2005
Czech rep.
mattihp said:
Hungarian sounds like a mish-mash for a finn like finnish sounds for a hungarian ;) finns and hungarians don't share vocabularies, only grammatical system.
Estonian and finnish sound much alike and are closer relatives.

Sou you understand Estonian for example as the Czechs understand Slovaks?

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Winner said:
Sou you understand Estonian for example as the Czechs understand Slovaks?
I don't know much the difference between czech and slovak ^^ but the difference between finnish and estonian is somewhat like the difference between swedish and icelandic, or between spanish and portuguese.

Winner

May 5, 2005
Czech rep.
mattihp said:
I don't know much the difference between czech and slovak ^^ but the difference between finnish and estonian is somewhat like the difference between swedish and icelandic, or between spanish and portuguese.

Czechs can understand Slovakian without any problems. The difference between our two languages is so minor, that they sound like a dialects of one language. So I wonder if the Finns understand Estonian or Swedes Norwegian and so on...

occa

Mar 13, 2004
Sweden
Winner said:
Czechs can understand Slovakian without any problems. The difference between our two languages is so minor, that they sound like a dialects of one language. So I wonder if the Finns understand Estonian or Swedes Norwegian and so on...

A swede can unerstand norwegian(bokmål) with no problems at all. They just talk a little bit faster and sound a bit happier.:)

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
occa said:
A swede can unerstand norwegian(bokmål) with no problems at all. They just talk a little bit faster and sound a bit happier.:)

I can almost understand Danish too :yo:

Winner

May 5, 2005
Czech rep.
wassup77 said:
I can almost understand Danish too :yo:

So the Norway, Sweden and Denmark are like the Slovakia, Czechia and Poland :) OK, thanks for info, now let's stop plague this thread with OT ;)

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
German hockey does not seem to have improved over the past past two decades.

This is probably seen as bad news for the development of hockey's popularity in Europe. Germany is the biggest market. A lot of potential sponsorship money there.

If the is a World Cup again in 4 years I hope we don't see the Germans there. They should have to earn their appearance.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Winner said:
So the Norway, Sweden and Denmark are like the Slovakia, Czechia and Poland :)

Believe me it's best to speak Czech and Russian, then you can basically understand all the other Slavonic languages :

Slovakian and Czech are obviously the same, but Polish is just between Cze and Rus, Slovenian and Serbian languages are very close too, and Ukrainian is understandable but much more close to Russian.

ThinMcWhistle

Mar 26, 2005
Northern hemisphere
Re:

mattihp said:

I can understand about 1 out of every 5 words of Estonian. So I guess that makes me understand 20%..... Not too shabby.
:D

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Well...I missed on the Swiss/Sweden game...I thought the Swedes would blow it...but I nailed the other 3 games...and I KNOW that will be 2 for 2 in the Semi final round!
Russia(check)
Czech rep.(check
Canada(check)
Switzerland(sorry,please try again)
Next round
Russia vs Canada: There is no turning back now...Omnivore and Carnivore along with Brodeur will paste Russia.
Czech Rep. vs Sweden: I'm glad Team Canada does not have to face Vokoun and the Czech's in this game...they are going to be rolling over Sweden...it will be the Czech Rep and Canada in the Golden Game.

Rocky Saginuts

Jul 21, 2004
Hamildump, Ontario
What a couple of beauty games coming up! Hope they show them both on TSN over here.

I've gotta take the Czechs over the Swedes, 4-2. The Swedes just don't have enough scoring depth.

Canada-Russia should be awesome. :jump:
The Slovaks got a lot of great chances today on quick break-outs, but the Russians will have even more chances off sustained, organized pressure. Brodeur is going to have to play the game of his life to win this one.

This kills me to write, but I'm gonna have to say 4-3 Russia (eewww, I feel ill....) :help:

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
sevenSteen said:
well done. :clap: ...You are officially given the honors of first play on the semi-final round predictions.
But let me just say that Canadas toughest match up was Slovakia...and they overcame them so...I think we can handle the Russians.

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
wassup77 said:
Swiss > Sweden
CZ > US
Canada > Slovaks
Rusha > Finns

Sweden are the big underdogs here...I hope they can win though (wich is not likely)

Almost jackpot. The Swiss > Sweden prediction was just a joke so I guess you can say I am the man!

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
wassup77 said:
Almost jackpot. The Swiss > Sweden prediction was just a joke so I guess you can say I am the man!

This means that your next prediction (Czechia > Sweden) is also a joke, because in fact, you predict a victory for Sweden? :snide:

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
wilka91 said:
This means that your next prediction (Czechia > Sweden) is also a joke, because in fact, you predict a victory for Sweden? :snide:

Nah :innocent: Sweden can't stand a chance against Czechs :(

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
wilka91 said:
Right! :snide:

Sweden : the number 1 super giga favorite to win the gold! :yo:

stop it please you are killing me!!! :biglaugh:

Sweden of all countries? it's a miracle that we beat Switzerland! I have never seen sucha lucky luck ever in my life! if we whould have the same luck against Czechs and move on to the final we whould be HUMILIATED by the Russians :bow: !!! :bow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad