U18: Quarterfinal predictions and GDT

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I am sure TSN had something to do with the 5:30 start.
Possible. But NL playoff final starts at 8pm so I'm not sure that would have been a better option. It would have been smart to not schedule those games on the same day but that's obviously expecting too much and it is what it is now. Of course, nobody beats Canada though when it comes to hosting WJC's. I just wanted to point out that Switzerland, under different circumstances, would have been a good choice as well:laugh:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I came into this tournament hoping to get more views on most of the Canadian defensemen for this upcoming draft.

I have not been pleased.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Another pathetic showing by Switzerland. Embarrassing that this is a default "top 8" hockey nation.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Another pathetic showing by Switzerland. Embarrassing that this is a default "top 8" hockey nation.
Can't expect much playing vs Canada with a leaking goalie. Also, our coaches are grade a morons and our 05 group is one of the weakest both in recent and future years. Should have selected mostly underagers for this tournament since our 06 kids are rather promising.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Disappointed with Kirsch this tournament despite the fact he is an underager. Hasn't shown good positioning. Maybe Neuenschwander should be the guy next year.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Disappointed with Kirsch this tournament despite the fact he is an underager. Hasn't shown good positioning. Maybe Neuenschwander should be the guy next year.
I like Neuenschwander, McNutt, Solèr all better than Kirsch. So he's my nr.4 among Swiss 06 goalies
Having said that, he was watching the entire tournament before finally getting a start vs the favourites for the title. Then he gets thrown into a quarter final game against Canada that was already lost. Yeah, Kirsch has been pretty bad but the opportunities he got were kinda shit as well and he's also still an underager in this tournament. He's been disappointing but his talent is evident. Big kid with a very clean technique moving extremely well.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
I like Neuenschwander, McNutt, Solèr all better than Kirsch. So he's my nr.4 among Swiss 06 goalies
Having said that, he was watching the entire tournament before finally getting a start vs the favourites for the title. Then he gets thrown into a quarter final game against Canada that was already lost. Yeah, Kirsch has been pretty bad but the opportunities he got were kinda shit as well and he's also still an underager in this tournament. He's been disappointing but his talent is evident. Big kid with a very clean technique moving extremely well.

I like Neuenschwander better. Haven't seen McNutt in a long time and never saw Solèr play at all. No doubt Kirsch is more talented than most of our other goalies in the last few years. I still hoped for fewer individual mistakes. Hopefully he moves to the USHL as soon as possible though. If he really wants to play NCAA he can't play any other league than U20 elit in Switzerland until 2026.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad