Linesman​
|
wca.gif
Jesse Wilmot | -

Last edited:

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Can we please trade Vinnerborg for a russian referee? Or that Kovalchuk goes player referee?

If it is a close game Vinnerborg will win it for the russians.

petemalmi

Feb 20, 2012
Can we please trade Vinnerborg for a russian referee? Or that Kovalchuk goes player referee?

If it is a close game Vinnerborg will win it for the russians.

Maybe you should concentrate on the real problems and not turn into a sore loser even before the game has been played.

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland
This nightmare for me again... This game can be decided by either Malkin/Ovechkin playing their game or Finland performing to perfection.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Vinneborg is the referee.. We are doomed. He is the most easily bribed, Finland hating referee ever walked on earth.

We will suffer from bad power play calls and are very likely to lose the game. It has always been this way when Vinneborg is the referee, and I don't see it changing.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
good luck to both teams...i love the finn's so i will be pulling for them but i hope both teams play a great game and let the better team win.....hope for big/good games out of teemu and sami V

Mehar

Apr 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Vinneborg is the referee.. We are doomed. He is the most easily bribed, Finland hating referee ever walked on earth.

We will suffer from bad power play calls and are very likely to lose the game. It has always been this way when Vinneborg is the referee, and I don't see it changing.

Some Finnish fans were saying the same thing about the Canadian ref the day before their game against Canada. Finland should not worry about who the ref is. If they duplicate their effort in the Canada game, and if their goaltending comes up big, they can pull off the upset.

f1nn

Jan 12, 2004
Espoo, Finland
I think if we can play the same way as we did against Canada the Russians will get frustrated and that will be our chance

ps. man I picked the wrong week to quit smoking :laugh:

Dominus

Nov 5, 2004
I'm expecting this game to be similar to Finland-Canada. There's definitely potential for horrible humiliation but I hope this will be competitive. Russia will come out guns blazing but if we can keep them out of the scoreboard for the first period then anything is possible. I do believe however, that we are able to generate a little bit more scoring chances than against Canada. We just need to bury those chances.

We also need solid goaltending of course. Rask can't let in goals he did against Canada. I was positively surprised how few glaring mistakes our defense made against Canada. They'll clear most of the rebounds but Rask probably still has to make a couple of big saves for us to have a chance.

To be brutally honest I think we'd see better games in the semis if Finland loses. Especially with this lineup and Erkkas coaching rest of the games against Finland will be "the most boring hockey games" people have ever seen. I love those defensive battles but I can understand why most people do not.

Someone said in the Finland's roster discussion thread that Finland is using Granlund wrong and I have to agree. We are not taking advantage of our best offensive player. He should play center to use his strengths. Especially with this style of play when we mostly try to attack quickly. Granlund doesn't have the speed to play this style of play at the wing. Another option would be to use more organized attacks and control the puck a little bit more. (The infamous "johtavan viivelähtö" :))

To better our chances I made a big bet against Finland. I never win when gambling. Tremble Russia! :D

Dominus

Nov 5, 2004
Oh, I also predict that:
1. This is the most boring hockey game you have ever seen. How can this be Olympic quarter finals!?!? DO NOT WATCH!
2. All fans are whiners and you will lose all respect for everybody. DO NOT READ THESE THREADS!

:sarcasm:

Dominus

Nov 5, 2004

Is there some kind of evidence supporting this claim or is it just the same kind of exaggeration than "Lasse Kukkonen is the most unreliable d-man ever"? What is Finland's record with Vinnerborg as a ref?

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
I just noticed that they still haven't announced who starts in net. They never take this long.

Guys... they're going to hit us with a curve ball. Lehtonen goes. I'm calling it.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I just noticed that they still haven't announced who starts in net. They never take this long.

Guys... they're going to hit us with a curve ball. Lehtonen goes. I'm calling it.

My guess is Pasi has told the IOC that all three goalers are injured and has emergency registered himself to go between the pipes.

Dosing

Sep 10, 2010
Edenryd
I don't really know who to cheer for, finland is more trouble for sweden then russia with their workethic. But then again we always find a way to beat finland...

LeftBackLegend

Oct 15, 2011
If the Russians get the crowd going and find an early goal, it could turn ugly for the Finns. On the other hand, frustrate the Russians long enough and perhaps have the crowd turn on them a bit, and they have a good chance. Discipline will play a big part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad