GDT: Quarterfinal • Feb. 19 • Finland vs. Russia • Part III (Mod Warning Post #2)

member 151739

I'm going to assume this went unnoticed the first time. Stop with the Putin jokes. Stop with the "disappearance" jokes. Stop with joking about the Olympics being canceled and that people are going to die. We shouldn't have to warn you about this.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I feel sorry for Russia.

I was hoping the Finals would be Canada - Russia or USA - Russia.

Pretty sad, Finals will kind of suck now.

Finland is the New Jersey Devils of Olympic hockey. Trap, trap, trap, trap.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Yep, they got what they got which is a poor mix of players. You can't have Kovi, Ovi, Semin, Radulov which is basically the same type of player up front and a weak D and expect to medal. It was entirely predictable that there'd be zero chemistry, you'll never get chemistry between those guys.

Ummm... What is your solution precisely? You want to leave some of those players off the team?

In favor of who exactly?

I hate posts like these that criticize and offer no practical solutions. These are the players that Russia has and it has to work with them.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
How Penguins fans can throw Ovechkin under the bus when Malkin did jack **** is beyond me.

What's that old saying about stones in glass houses?

TonsofPuppies*

Mar 11, 2010
Toronto, ON
I feel sorry for Russia.

You're actually thinking of the Swiss. At least the Finns can score more than 1. Switzerland is the ultimate 90s Devils trap team.

rduck1

Dec 26, 2013
Finland
I feel sorry for Russia.

There's a difference between leading in a hockey game and playing the trap.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
I hope some day he actually plays for a good cohesive, well coached team.Why life hates him so much I don't know :(

I won't totally absolve him of his part in the losses that he has suffered in the past, but I agree to a large extent. This team never looked right, let's be honest.

I remember before the Olympics started thinking that the Russians will play a much more cohesive game and players will be willing to take on different roles in order to win.

If you listened to Crosby talk post-game after the Finland game, the one thing he kept saying over and over was that the players need to accept their roles. If that means a 40 goal scorer is now a 10 minute playing fourth liner, then so be it.

People put wayyyyy too much value into points in this tournament. Is it about an individual getting points, or a team winning a gold medal? I think as fans we want the best players to light it up, but at the end of the day if Crosby or Ovechkin get zero points but their team wins the gold....isn't that what everyone came for?

I would have liked to see the Russian coach/system place more importance on the team game than the individual effort. Finland did, and they won.

CAPS LOCK

Aug 10, 2005
How Penguins fans can throw Ovechkin under the bus when Malkin did jack **** is beyond me.

They are actually blaming Ovechkin for holding Malkin back, lol:handclap:

Mara

May 10, 2011
Finland vs Sweden is must watch television.

It must be pretty boring for a neutral party to watch Finland play against the "big" countries, with the full focus on D and only the occasional attack. Sweden will hold the puck even more than Russia did. :laugh:

RobertR

Jul 5, 2012
On the bright side. Happy for Fins KHL`es. JMA (he was a KHL, and most likely will be in the next season, Dynamo bought his rights), Kontioal playerd brilliant.

Komarov as always active! That hit on Ovie!

3rd def pairing looked solid!

Imonned didn't participate in goals for, but still played a well game.

Will be rooting for Fins for now.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009

<----- Pens fan

Not putting it on Ovechkin any more than anyone else.

butters8814*

Getting tired of pens fans talking crap about ovechkin like he was the only one that didnt play well, if you watched teh games, the coaching was a joke. Malkin didnt play that well. And Ovi is great on the PP. and he wasnt even on the first PP line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad