WJC: Quarter-final pre-game talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Bangkok

May 17, 2006
Mogadishu
Why can't TSN just put a bracket up in the website so you can figure out the schedule going forward? Thank goodness for wikipedia.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
I was quite impressed with Slovakia vs. the Swiss, they really seemed to put their foot down there. However, in order to beat the Finland we've seen after that highly rumored abysmal opener, they must find another extra gear on top of that and in the process, somehow get past the hottest goalie in this tournament.

Do I see that happening? Well... darn. Jukka Jalonen just called. He told me it's not realistic to think so.

RA9

Dec 30, 2009
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Slovakia solves Aaittikailo(sp) and wins 3-1. Then Russia beats the Czechs 5-1.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I love the underdogs, but this time i'm hoping for no upsets. I want to see Canada vs. Russia, and Sweden vs. Finland.

Same here. I just want competitive semifinals and bronze and gold medal games. So Russia & Finland. I don't think Slovakia has anything for Swedes, but Finland does. That 8-1 vs Canada was an accident and next time we'll even have a chance to beat Canada if that would still happen in this tourney. Ok I do blame our goalie Gibson more than most people for the Canada loss, eventhough it might be cruel.

Czechs do have a chance vs Russia. A lot depends of the Czech goalie, will he have another USA game? I think he will and it was unfair that the same guy had to face Finland 1 day later. So because he'll get a day off now, he'll be good again against Russia.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
go czechs go, i just love seeing these guys prevail

i will take whoever in the semi's though

Czechexpert

Jan 23, 2009
Some Slovak in the discussion on fasthockey during USA-CZE game claimed that he had put over 600 Euro on the US to win that game....:D....poor guy....not a good idea to bet money on junior players...

I bet money only on junior tournaments... And I have been plus in last three years. But I guarantee you that I would be in red numbers if I bet on NHL games, Extraleague games etc.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
I bet money only on junior tournaments... And I have been plus in last three years. But I guarantee you that I would be in red numbers if I bet on NHL games, Extraleague games etc.

Haha, but you´re a scout who has actually seen those teams and players play live probably on numerous occasions, I would bet that the guy who bet 600 Euro on US hardly had the kind of experience/knowledge that you do when it comes to junior hockey.I think that by now many people on here have noticed how dead on your predictions usually are. :D

Personally, I don´t really bet, but when I´ve made predictions, I´ve usually been a million times better at predicting the Slovak Extraliga than the WJCs.

Muuri

Nov 14, 2009
Slovaks better watch out for Teemmu Pukllenen and his brother Markus. Not to mention Ael Jormia, classless goalscorer Buffalo picked 116 overall at last years draft.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Well in that case the Finns better look out for Slovakia´s Tomas Jurko and Matus Čouven. Martin Marcinčininčin might cause them some trouble as well. :D

Krotak

is the Legend
May 7, 2010
Slovakia
I picked Slovakia and Czech republic. I hope so. However I expect Czech republic and Finland to win these games, to be realistic. Finns have more talent, while Russians have almost no team spirit IMO. On the other hand team spirit of Czechs is on the highest possible level in games against Russia.

Finland - Slovakia 4:1 (last one for Finns will be empty net :()
Russia - Czech republic 3:4 OT

But I wouldn't bet my money :laugh:

FinRuutu

Red Wins
Feb 7, 2010
Helsinki
I expect Slovakia game to be somewhat like the Czech game..

1st period 2-0 for Finland (MiG & MaG). With good speed and intensity.

2nd period 1-1 (Aaltonen & Jurco). Aitokikolo standing on his head, lack of speed and intensity from Finns, Slovakia pushing hard.

3rd period. 2-0 Finland (Pulkkinen & Barkov). Finns get it together but intensity and speed only picks up later in the period.

5-1 for Finland.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
:laugh: I've learned that but this one was a sober poke on those who are too lazy to check the proper spelling for the Finnish names.

It's tough, I also never know how many "t" or "a" in a row they have in their name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad