Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
upload_2021-1-1_10-40-4.png

full

Canada
Confirmed Tournament Roster

Forwards:
Quinton Byfield, Sudbury Wolves (OHL)
Dylan Cozens, Lethbridge Hurricanes (WHL)
Kirby Dach, Chicago Blackhawks (NHL)
Dylan Holloway, University of Wisconsin (NCAA)
Peyton Krebs, Winnipeg Ice (WHL)
Connor McMichael, London Knights (OHL)
Dawson Mercer, Chicoutimi Sagueneens (QMJHL)
Alex Newhook, Boston College (NCAA)
Jakob Pelletier, Val-d’Or Foreurs (QMJHL)
Cole Perfetti, Saginaw Spirit (OHL)
Jack Quinn, Ottawa 67’s (OHL)
Ryan Suzuki, Saginaw Spirit (OHL)
Philip Tomasino, Oshawa Generals (OHL)
Connor Zary, Kamloops Blazers (WHL)
Defencemen:
Justin Barron, Halifax Mooseheads (QMJHL)
Bowen Byram, Vancouver Giants (WHL)
Jamie Drysdale, Erie Otters (OHL)
Kaiden Guhle, Prince Albert Raiders (WHL)
Thomas Harley, Mississauga Steelheads (OHL)
Kaedan Korczak, Kelowna Rockets (WHL)
Braden Schneider, Brandon Wheat Kings (WHL)
Jordan Spence, Moncton Wildcats (QMJHL)
Goaltenders:
Dylan Garand, Kamloops Blazers (WHL)
Taylor Gauthier, Prince George Cougars (WHL)
Devon Levi, Northeastern University (NCAA)

full

Czech Republic
Confirmed Tournament Roster

Forwards:
Martin Beranek, HC Ceske Budejovice
Michal Gut, Banik Sokolov
Filip Koffer, Stadion Litomerice
Martin Lang, Stadion Litomerice
Radek Muzik, Lulea HF (SWE)
Jan Mysak, HC Litvinov
Adam Najman, Bili Tygri Liberec
Pavel Novak, Stadion Litomerice
Filip Prikryl, Stadion Litomerice
Jaromir Pytlik, Stadion Litomerice
Adam Raska, HC Frydek-Mistek
Jakub Rychlovsky, Bili Tygri Liberec
Michal Teply, Stadion Litomerice
David Vitouch, Sparta Prague
Defencemen:
Martin Has, HC Benatky nad Jizerou
David Jiricek, HC Plzen
Karel Klikorka, BK Mlada Boleslav
Michael Krutil, Stadion Litomerice
Simon Kubicek, Stadion Litomerice
Radek Kucerik, HC Prerov
Jiri Suhrada, PSG Zlin
Stanislav Svozil, Kometa Brno
Goaltenders:
Jan Bednar, Energie Karlovy Vary
Nick Malik, HC Frydek-Mistek
Lukas Parik, HC Benatky nad Jizerou

Do not ask for or provide links to illegal streams.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wishywashy20

Nov 23, 2020
Czechs have not looked very good. The USA had them on their heels and I expect Canada to do the same.
5-1 score as long as we keep out of the box.
Can’t look past this game. Stranger things have happened.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
In the Czech Republic, we have this saying: "Když Pánbůh dá, i z motyky vystřelí". Rough translation: "With God's permission, even a hoe can shoot like a gun." I think that saying applies a lot to this game. Canada was looking unstoppable vs. Switzerland and Finland. Would be a miracle if we the Czech team wins this one.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I think this game will be over by first intermission. Czechs will battle hard and proudly but just not enough talent, size, skill, finishing ability or D to pull this out. I hope I'm dead wrong of course but I doubt it.

We did have some really good periods against the Big 5 opponents. All 3 against Russia. 1st against US. 1st and half of second against Swedes but once we got down 2 goals it was over.

Canada 8 - Czechs 0.

Hoping for Parik, Pytlik, Gut and Krutil to all be playing with no other injuries. Not that it'll matter but I just want to see our full team once! Happy Kubicek is playing more.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I may be wrong, but I can't remember Czech Republic giving Canada trouble for a very long time. The teams are different each year obviously but I just don't think it's likely that Czech Republic wins or keeps it all that close. I'll guess 5-1 Canada.

J1mLahey

Jan 13, 2011
Toronto
Canada can't take anyone lightly at this point of the tournament. If they play like they did for thr first 40 of the Finland game, they should be able to control this one. Stranger things have happened in this tournament. Hopefully Newhook's injury isn't too serious.

Looking forward to a full Saturday of elimination day hockey!

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Canada can't take anyone lightly at this point of the tournament. If they play like they did for thr first 40 of the Finland game, they should be able to control this one. Stranger things have happened in this tournament. Hopefully Newhook's injury isn't too serious.

Looking forward to a full Saturday of elimination day hockey!

E52B7566-0482-446F-B129-1CA6FF770EC6.gif

Credit to @Northern Avs Fan from the HF Avs Board earlier today.

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Would love to see canada put up 20 on this team.

The Czech press and Czech ice hockey experts are completely unified in their assessment that this current crop of Czech juniors simply has nothing to trouble Canada. We just don’t have the quality player material. So everyone expects another huge loss like against the US. That said, when I read arrogant nonsense like “20 goals” in this post, I really wish that we could pull off a miracle. But being realistic, that is simply not going to happen. It can happen against Russia – our players know how to get into their heads, it helps that the Russians tend to play more like individuals than a team, and they allow themselves to be rattled. But the US and the Canadian teams have a different mentality, and the ultra-defensive approach, grit, commitment and physicality that was effective against Russia would not be effective / sufficient against an opponent like Canada. With a bit of luck, we can keep it scoreless for a while and look competitive (as the team did for a little while against Sweden and America), but once Canada scores the first and maybe the second goal, the goals will just keep coming. The Czechs will facilitate Canada’s progress with needless fouls, playing short-handed for extended periods and the defence falling apart.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I expect Canada to dominate. The Czech team will try hard but will be outclassed by Canada's talented depth. The Czech goalie will need to put in an all-star performance to keep the score close.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
The Czech press and Czech ice hockey experts are completely unified in their assessment that this current crop of Czech juniors simply has nothing to trouble Canada. We just don’t have the quality player material. So everyone expects another huge loss like against the US. That said, when I read arrogant nonsense like “20 goals” in this post, I really wish that we could pull off a miracle. But being realistic, that is simply not going to happen. It can happen against Russia – our players know how to get into their heads, it helps that the Russians tend to play more like individuals than a team, and they allow themselves to be rattled. But the US and the Canadian teams have a different mentality, and the ultra-defensive approach, grit, commitment and physicality that was effective against Russia would not be effective / sufficient against an opponent like Canada. With a bit of luck, we can keep it scoreless for a while and look competitive (as the team did for a little while against Sweden and America), but once Canada scores the first and maybe the second goal, the goals will just keep coming. The Czechs will facilitate Canada’s progress with needless fouls, playing short-handed for extended periods and the defence falling apart.

I didn't say I think canada will put up 20, I said I'd love to see it. Not a fan of the way the czechs play the game.

Macbanan

Dec 28, 2013
Uppsala, Sweden
The czechs played well for the first period vs US and Sweden until they started trailing. I can't imagine they will give up that easily in an elimination game. But on the other hand, Canada has a LOT more talent. 7-2 Canada.... but as underdogs I hope the czechs get the first goal and win 3-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad