Quarter + 1 Mark

How do you feel about the Ducks at the quarter +1 mark?

• Total voters

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
The Ducks are 6-6-3 for 15 points in 15 games.

Ducks Scoring
GF: 29 (27th-T)
GF/GP: 1.93 (30th-T)

Detroit Redwings are tied with us in goals for per game rate as well as goals for and they have a record of 3-10-2 for 8 points.

Teams below us in GF are:
Buffalo: 4-4-2 (10 pts in 10 games)
NY Islanders: 6-4-3 (15 pts in 13 games)
NJ Devils: 4-3-2 (10 pts in 9 games)​

Ducks Defense
GA: 38 (18th)
GA/GP: 2.53 (6th)

Teams with better defenses ahead of the Ducks are Bruins, Lightning, Avs, VGK, and NYI. That's a very admirable for the Ducks to be playing that good a defense.​

Special Teams
PPGF: 3 (29th-T)
PP%: 8.8% (29th)

PKGA: 5 (3rd fewest)
PK %: 87.2% (3rd best)

We suck and we're great at the same time. It essentially how we play on even strength, meaning we play a good defensive game, but are incapable of scoring goals.

Trends
1-score differential games: 10
1-score diff games record: 4-3-3

More than 1-score games: 5
More than 1-score games record: 2-3-0

The three losses in the "more than 1-score games" were to St. Louis twice and VGK once.​

Goal Scoring Trends
No goals scored = 0
1 goals scored = 6 (3-2-1; 3 shutouts)
2 goals scored = 5 (1-3-1)
3 goals scored = 2 (2-0-0)
4 goals scored = 2 (0-2-0)​

We don't really have a trend aside from the only time we earn a shutout is when it's a 1-0 game win. Guess we like living dangerously.

Players who have been injured or are still injured:
D Guhle (pre-season, still out)
F Jones
D Manson (after 1 regular season game, still out)
F Milano (only 2 games played, still out)
C Grant
C Getzlaf​

Center cycle
The Ducks have gone through six centers in 15 games between Getzlaf, Henrique, Steel, Grant, Backes, and Lundestrom.

Most consistent skaters
fourth line group of Grant, Deslauriers, Rowney, and Backes; D Hakanpaa and C Getzlaf

Top-5 leading scorers
1. LW Comtois: 8 pts (6g + 2a)
2. C Getzlaf: 6 pts (1g + 5a)
3. RW Rowney: 6 pts (0g + 6a)
3. RW Rakell: 6 pts (1g + 5a)
3. D Lindholm: 6 pts (2g + 4a)​

In the past four games, Comtois and Rakell have been on fire as both are part of a new line centered by Lundestrom. Lundestrom has 2 goals and is a +2. Comtois has 3 goals, 1 assist, and is a +3. Rakell has 3 assists and is a +1.

Dead sexy line:

Comtois-Maxime.png
Lundestrom-Isac.png
Rakell-Rickard.png

Top-5 leading goal scorers
1. LW Comtois: 6 g
2. LW Deslauriers: 3 g
2. RW Silfverberg: 3 g
2. F Heinen: 3 g
2. F Henrique: 3 g​

Comtois' 6 goals accounts for 27.6% of the total goals scored for the Ducks. Deslauriers is the biggest surprise in the top-5 goal scoring. The other three surprise me that they have scored 3 goals a piece. huh. Rico has 2 goals scored in the past four games. Maybe he is starting to simmer up since being moved to wing from center?

Last five games
In the past five games, the Ducks are 3-1-1. They have scored 14 goals and given up 12 goals. Two of those contests had the Ducks scoring 4 goals in each game, but only to lose to the opponents by letting them score 5 goals. That's a good five-game stretch with their first three days off in the season.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
They are about where I expected them to be. Can't score much yet win due to Gibson. The best teams in the division give them hard time. Ducks play against Minnesota and Arizona couple of games this month, which will be interesting to see, how they perform against the middle pack teams. If they want to make the playoffs, they need to beat these teams more often than get beat by them.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
So, Backes is taking the 4th line job above Grant, or is Grant back?
Seems like we have 2 lines fixed then, which is great. I am a bit disappointed we refuse to send Steel down.
I am waiting for Milano to come back and hopefully add some offense power, however I am afraid he might be too rusty, go through waivers and being picked up.

Doothpick

9-1
Sep 15, 2008
I'm actually surprised there hasn't been anything to be surprised by, except Hakanpaa and the crappy start of Henrique. So they are right where I expected them to be. I'm just glad (Ducks) hockey is back.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I didn’t expect the offense to be worse than last season. Everything else has been expected, maybe they deserve a little better record. But they need to score, it’s a no brainer. The last few games have shown some promise on both ends of the ice, and the lines seem to be getting chemistry but they need to figure things out and start finishing better before the goaltending gets burnt out again.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Honestly he team has shown improvements... and the young players have all shined at different parts of the season.... ive enjoyed watching the games a little more over the last 5 or so... hopefully the youngsters can continue to build on consistency throughout the season.

Still like to see the team trim a little fat out of the roster, and continue building for 2022-2023 seasons

I think Terry has started to finally show what most of us thought he was capable of, that by itself is a huge + for me this season.
Comtois continues to find ways to get on the scoresheets.
Steel is very hot an cold
I think lundestrom has been consistent throughout his time on the roster... offense was always going to be a question in his game... but overall hes generally looked like he belonged in the NHL, nice to see him being rewarded for playing hard... and he seems to be a lot more confident as of late.

As far as the vets go
Lindholm and Gibson have been great imo ... hakanpaa has been a pleasant surprise. Shatt and manson have been pretty disappointing.
henrique has looked better since being put back with terry, still not overly impressed with him tho. Silf has been very meh for a player that usually is never meh.

Getz has had games where he looks like he found the fountain of youth, and games where he shows his age.
Rakell i think has been really good despite not getting points his way... hes been creative and found ways to make scoring chances.
Fowler still leaves me wanting more, i thinks hes been pretty iffy this year so far.

Would like to see Mahura get an extended look with the ducks... out of guhle/larsson and him, i think he has the bestupside.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad