TSN: Quarantine reduced to 7 days

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
This obviously increases the number of trading partners significantly. Would otherwise really have had to be certain about being out of the playoff chase if "selling" (trading away) a player of importance within the division!

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018

Great news.

I've been looking at possible Leaf trades, and, cap issues aside (that's for management to figure out), I see the best potential upgrades emanating from U.S teams. Dubas can really improve this team to top three Cup contender this deadline and he should.

For forwards, I could see a Granlund or Foligno bringing strong attributes for a run. On D, David Savard or Ekholm would ensure an outstanding six for the playoffs, with depth beyond six if injuries occur.

In the playoffs, shutdown, physical defense, "clear-the-net" core should be this teams goal. If this team can minimize opposition chances, even against the best teams it's only a matter of time before our forwards break through. Winning games 2-1 is better than losing 4-3.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
I would be really happy if we weren't all the way up to the cap :laugh:

As we all knew at the time, players extracting (and management giving) more than their fair share on their contracts, was going to hamper their chances to build a Cup contender.

Imagine what an extra $2-3M in Cap Space would do for this teams ability to improve?

I don't begrudge players for getting their full value, and then some. Young players will realize in time, they can't even spend what they are being paid, and, when it's all over, they might have fewer rings (or none), due to these extra bucks.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
To be honest, I am not happy with this in terms of the grand scheme of things. Regular folk have to still suffer while the government is catering to the NHL. It's not right, IMO. They should reduce it to 7 days for everyone already. It's total BS what is going on.
I was writing same thing as you same time dude. Pandering pandemic lol

Reactions: Suntouchable13

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
To be honest, I am not happy with this in terms of the grand scheme of things. Regular folk have to still suffer while the government is catering to the NHL. It's not right, IMO. They should reduce it to 7 days for everyone already. It's total BS what is going on.

To be fair, the players have access to daily testing so the situations aren't really analogous.

As a regular citizen, I'm fine with the double standard.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Disagree, regular folk aren’t tested everyday, players are in more of a bubble than us.

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax

f*** those American teams and their leverage, this is huge for the Leafs. 14 days is bad, 7 days isn't so bad; the last 7 days is much worse than the first 7 days. This is great news; knew they could put this in place again. I wonder what they do come 3rd round though? I'm assuming the Canadian team will need to go through a 7 day quarantine with more rapid testing to setup in the States for the remainder of the playoffs. All teams should be required to do so to even the playing field... or at least the 4 Canadian Teams should go south of the boarder before the first round, so that they're at least on even playing ground for the 1st 2 rounds, and any kinks and sedentary legs can be worked out 2 rounds early before that one Canadian team plays against the American teams; it's the only logical thing to do. Otherwise if they expect the Canadian team to be sedentary for 7+ days between round 2 & 3 only to get stomped on a much more ready American team in round 3, that isn't fair & it would be better for everyone (American teams who face each other in the 3rd round too) to get it it over with before round 1 than round 3. That's my take.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Reduces some pretty massive obstacles to trades.

Not only does it get guys in the lineup quicker, apparently US based players with limited ntcs weren't happy at the idea of spending two full weeks in a hotel room. More guys may be willing to move now

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
the Leafs were not lobbying the federal government for this to NOT make a deal and have others in the division do so.

I expect a biggie.

coachbob59

Feb 13, 2018
Meanwhile, one of my migrant workers who tested negative three days before his flight to Toronto, tested negative again the day he landed, and after 10 days of quarantining alone in a hotel room was required to test again. The test was botched. Tomorrow is day 22 and not sure if results will be here 6 days late like the last one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad