News: Qualifying Offers Thread

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Some once upon a time highly touted names on that list. Period continues to pile up that HF boards GREATLY overvalued dract picks.

I remember names like Joe Morrow, Grigorenko, Finn, and Rattie being "untouchable" around here.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Some once upon a time highly touted names on that list. Period continues to pile up that HF boards GREATLY overvalued dract picks.

I remember names like Joe Morrow, Grigorenko, Finn, and Rattie being "untouchable" around here.

Such a weird draft. 3 of the top 4 traded. Possibly the 4th one on his way? 5/Top 12 traded. Possibly the 6th on his way. You can go down the list and add a couple more.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I hope we sign Grigorenko for 3rd line C . He's been much better

He's a gutless player. Shouldn't have even gotten a full season, got outplayed by AHL call-ups pretty often imo.

If you can't score with top six minutes and you can't defend or apply any pressure then you're the definition of a tweener perimeter player. There's cheaper and younger versions of that.

Booba

Jun 20, 2005

Prime example of a player who never got a fair chance...

Paterson played for Team Canada at WHJC, posted decent stats in the OHL (during his overrager season) and in the ECHL but somehow only played 116 minutes of AHL during his ELC.

So Anaheim signed Faragher to an NHL contract in January just to leave him in the ECHL (where he was already playing) for the remainder of the season...

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
That's pretty lazy management. I'm sure you could have got something for Grigorenko with a 1.3M qualifying offer.

I hope we sign Grigorenko for 3rd line C . He's been much better

So easy to recognize people that haven't saw a single game of Colorado's. On a team that played without any drive or passion he was by far the worst offender, talented guy with the energy level of a decomposing corpse.

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
other NYR potential QO guys:

Zipay and CapFriendly indicate Catenacci non-tendered

mixed reports re Paliotta (CapFriendly doesnt have him as UFA yet)

CapFriendly still has Donnay as RFA but cant believe he earned a QO

unsure also about Beck. who signed in KHL,
a QO could retain rights for future return to NA

Defensemen Troy Donnay (three goals and 14 assists in 61 games for Greenville), and Michael Paliotta (one goal and 13 assists in 51 games in Hartford last season), also were not given qualifying offers.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/range...gents-pirri-clendening-and-skapski-1.13763247

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Hi euhmmmm is there a tread somewhere i can see wich player sign up to Europe or a KHL team ?

The free agency thread has a list of players on NHL deals this past year who have signed in Europe for next year. For the rest, your best bet would be maybe Elite Prospects.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
So easy to recognize people that haven't saw a single game of Colorado's. On a team that played without any drive or passion he was by far the worst offender, talented guy with the energy level of a decomposing corpse.

I never miss Eberle stat-padding nights against the Avs! :)

Honestly though, I didn't pay attention to Grigorenko at all last year. I bet he does land somewhere for a cap hit around his QO. Never know if a guy just needs a little wake up call to get his career back on track, and if getting dumped for nothing by a 30th place team is not a wake up call, I don't know what is.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I thought nesterov was good, at 24 years old he seems like a no brainer for a team to pick up

The softest defenceman I have seen in many years. He gets pushed around like a Bantam, even a talented one, would get pushed around in Junior. And he's 24, not likely to get bigger or stronger anymore.

A boy trying to play in a man's league.

C ya!

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I never miss Eberle stat-padding nights against the Avs! :)

Honestly though, I didn't pay attention to Grigorenko at all last year. I bet he does land somewhere for a cap hit around his QO. Never know if a guy just needs a little wake up call to get his career back on track, and if getting dumped for nothing by a 30th place team is not a wake up call, I don't know what is.

Happened once already, did nothing.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
the conflicting reports regarding NYR and Paliotta, Donnay continue to swirl:

I don't know much about Blue Line Station, John Williams or where they get their news, but the latest news I found was this:

"About a week ago, the New York Rangers tendered qualifying offers to Mika Zibanejad, Jesper Fast, Nicklas Jensen, Michael Paliotta and Troy Donnay, which means they are still considered restricted free agents. The other restricted free agents–Adam Clendening, Mackenzie Skapski and Brandon Pirri–were not tendered, making them unrestricted free agents."

https://bluelinestation.com/2017/06/28/new-york-rangers-rumors-free-agents-targets-yakupov/

So, I don't know. Qualifying Donnay would be almost as odd as not qualifying Paliotta.

https://bluelinestation.com/2017/06/28/new-york-rangers-rumors-free-agents-targets-yakupov/

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad