Confirmed with Link: Qualifying Offers - Stuart Percy, Sam Carrick Non-Tendered; Leivo Qualified

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Confirmed Qualified:
Garrett Sparks
Martin Marincin
Peter Holland
Frank Corrado
Connor Carrick
Josh Leivo

Non-Tendered: (To UFA)
Stuart Percy
Sam Carrick
Colin Smith

Last edited:

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
It's funny how Martin Marincin was so hated in the first half of the season, and then so loved in the second half of the season.

I think we all saw Rielly get better when Marincin replaced Hunwick and that pairing ended up being our best defensive pairing.

Still a great pick-up from Edmonton. We let them do all the development of playing a rookie/young player, then we trade for him right when he's about to get enough experience to become a solid NHL defender.

JonnyMacAwesome

Jan 27, 2016
Ottawa, ON
At the very least Connor Carrick. I could live with the rest not being qualified.

Agreed... I don't actually want Percy qualified...and I'm very indifferent to Leivo... doesn't excel in any particular aspect of the game. Not saying he's bad, he just doesn't stand out at doing anything better than anyone else, just average across the board.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
It's funny how Martin Marincin was so hated in the first half of the season, and then so loved in the second half of the season.

I think we all saw Rielly get better when Marincin replaced Hunwick and that pairing ended up being our best defensive pairing.

Still a great pick-up from Edmonton. We let them do all the development of playing a rookie/young player, then we trade for him right when he's about to get enough experience to become a descent NHL defender.

I think it was mainly due to Roman Polak no longer being his partner.

Polak brought him down so much, it's staggering. The eye test showed they were terrible, and the advanced stats showed Polak was the reason, and not Marincin.

Still have no idea how we got two 2nd round picks for Roman Polak and Nik Spaling.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto

Still a great pick-up from Edmonton. We let them do all the development of playing a rookie/young player, then we trade for him right when he's about to get enough experience to become a solid NHL defender.

It's the coaching my friend - Kudos to Babs

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
We might not see Leivo qualified, but then followed up with a 2 year, 1 way contract.

I am really surprised that they did qualify Sparks, I know we do not have Goalies in our system but you can always sign a goalie for the Marlies

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
C.Carrick for sure gets one. Leivo should absolutely get one. Percy and Holland probably get one. I think Corrado should get one as well but I wouldn't hate it if he doesn't. C.Smith I don't really see a future here for so he might not. S.Carrick shouldn't get one.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I am really surprised that they did qualify Sparks, I know we do not have Goalies in our system but you can always sign a goalie for the Marlies

That's pretty much what we did.
His qualifying offer was 600K and he's not eligible for arbitration.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
It's possible some deals happen as well.

Trying to find a deal for Percy and/or Holland before the deadline.

DJIncognito

Jun 9, 2007
I'd like them qualified:
Connor Carrick
Joshua Leivo
Peter Holland

depending on other plans them too:
Stuart Percy
Frank Corrado

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA
I think it was mainly due to Roman Polak no longer being his partner.

Polak brought him down so much, it's staggering. The eye test showed they were terrible, and the advanced stats showed Polak was the reason, and not Marincin.

Still have no idea how we got two 2nd round picks for Roman Polak and Nik Spaling.

Polak looked good during the SCF.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
Offer QOs to

Stuart Percy
Peter Holland
Joshua Leivo
Connor Carrick

Trade Holland before the season starts, and Percy if he is no longer needed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad