QMJHL Rankings for 2005 NHL DRAFT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duff88

May 7, 2002
La-La-Laprise said:
Both Brouillette and Lepine are on :)

:blush:

Both are about rightly placed. If you don't mind I might as well post my top 25 :

01. Sidney Crosby - F - Rimouski - 5'11 190
02. Marek Zagrapan - F - Chicoutimi - 6'01 185
03. Alex Bourret - F - Shawinigan - 5'10 214
04. Luc Bourdon - D - Val D'or - 6'02 185
05. Guillaume Latendresse - F - Drummondville - 6'02 222
06. Slava Truhno - F - PEI - 6'01 196
07. Alexandre Vincent - G - Chicoutimi - 6'04 195
08. Jean-Phillipe Lavasseur - G - Rouyn-Noranda - 6'00 189
09. Marc-Andre Gragnani - D - PEI - 6'01 170
10. Mathieu Roy - F - Bathurst - 6'00 190
11. Jean-Phillipe Paquet - D - Shawinigan - 6'02 207
12. Mathieu Aubin - F - Lewiston - 6'02 178
13. Kristopher Letang - D - Val D'or - 5'11 188
14. Marc-Edouard Vlasic - D - Quebec - 6'00 180
15. Francis Guerette-Charland - F - Victoriaville - 6'01 184
16. Oscars Bartulis - D - Moncton - 6'01 180
17. Pier-Olivier Pelletier - G - Drummondville - 6'02 180
18. Nicolas Blanchard - F - Chicoutimi - 6'03 176
19. Simon Bolduc - F - PEI - 6'05 222
20. Guillaume Lepine - D - Chicoutimi - 6'03 208
21. Chad Denny - D - Lewiston - 6'02 214
22. Gennady Churilov - F - Quebec - 6'01 176
23. Dean Ouellet - F - Cape-Breton - 5'11 172
24. Marc-Andre Cliche - F - Lewiston - 6'01 165
25. Francois Bolduc - D - Rimouski - 6'05 225

LHJMQFAN

Oct 30, 2004
Don't get me weong, I am a huge fan of Gragnani, but how come he was not invited in Toronto for the tests? Maybe the NHL scouts don't think he is going to go very high... please lala and McInnis, some light on this! Thanks! :yo:

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
LHJMQFAN said:
Don't get me weong, I am a huge fan of Gragnani, but how come he was not invited in Toronto for the tests? Maybe the NHL scouts don't think he is going to go very high... please lala and McInnis, some light on this! Thanks! :yo:

There could be different reasons why he wasn't there, but I don't know. Perhaps he got hurt at the U18's, or maybe Central Scouting simply isn't enamoured with him (I believe that's who coordinates the event, isn't it?). I know for a fact that one team LOVES Gragnani, but I don't know how high they're willing to go to ensure they get him.

LHJMQFAN

Oct 30, 2004
Do you think that Central Scouting ranking could hurt a player? Or help him?
Thanks for the reply. :yo:

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
LHJMQFAN said:
Do you think that Central Scouting ranking could hurt a player? Or help him?
Thanks for the reply. :yo:

I don't think many teams really pay much attention to Central Scouting other than to get a very broad, general, idea of what guys are worth making an extended effort to see early in the season (so they can compare development paths at the end of the season). Central Scouting's list is interesting, but pretty widely accepted to typically be horrid as to where guys go. Of course, they claim to just be listing talent, which is obvoiusly different from creating a mock draft list.

C-Saku Koivu MTL

Aug 26, 2004
Montreal
Matt MacInnis said:
There could be different reasons why he wasn't there, but I don't know. Perhaps he got hurt at the U18's, or maybe Central Scouting simply isn't enamoured with him (I believe that's who coordinates the event, isn't it?). I know for a fact that one team LOVES Gragnani, but I don't know how high they're willing to go to ensure they get him.

and the team is.....?...... please......

LHJMQFAN

Oct 30, 2004
even if macInnis knows the team I don't think it would be nice and fair to the player to name it. It's not fair to the team that told him. Don't you know honest and nice people don't kiss and tell? :handclap:

habbyfan60

Mar 23, 2005
Hey La La, give me your predictions as to what round the Q goalies you have listed will be drafted. Include the overagers such as Joyal, etc. You seem to have great knowledge of them. Thanks.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Reveille! said:
Holy ****, what happened to Kenzie Sheppard?

Lack of ice-time. Then got into some trouble on a road-trip and was traded at the draft.

Havent lost all hope for him. Patrick Roy said that he would use Kenzie on the #2 line in Quebec so he should be getting some icetime.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
habbyfan60 said:
Hey La La, give me your predictions as to what round the Q goalies you have listed will be drafted. Include the overagers such as Joyal, etc. You seem to have great knowledge of them. Thanks.

Wouldnt say great knowledge but ive watched them all over the last 2-3 years. Helps to watch them when they are younger, like Midget ages, so you can see how they progress over time.

Q Goalies: (1st year eligible)

Lavasseur -- mid 2nd round
Vincent -- late 2nd round
P-O Pelletier -- late 2nd/early 3rd round
Jeremy Duchensne -- 6th round
Ryan Mior -- 8th round
Francois Proteau -- Doubt he gets picked, but hes pretty good.
Guillaume Blouin -- wont be picked

Other guys who may be picked but are in their 2nd year:

Maxime Joyal -- 5th round
Cedrik Desjardins -- Late if picked.
Josh Tordjman -- Id take him late, very underrated
Phillipe Roberge -- wont be picked

Daniel_Tkaczuk

May 4, 2003
Downtown Halifax
Visit site
Reveille! said:
Holy ****, what happened to Kenzie Sheppard?

he was never the same after coming back from the under-17's in newfoundland. sheppard was our best player (arguably) in training camp a few years ago and for awhile it was his attitude that kept him from progressing. lack of ice time coupled with erratic behavior both on/off the ice really hurt him. he is in serious need of maturing, and quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad