QMJHL Coaching Thread

Canadiens1958

Nov 30, 2007
Lake Memphremagog, QC.
Recognizing that coaching is changing rapidly at the major junior level(no longer an old boys club) and the major junior feeder system(increased involvement of former pros and academics).

This thread will look at coaching - head, assistant,specialty, video,etc from major junior on down to single letter hockey in the jurisdictions defined by the QMJHL umbrella.

The challenges coaches face at the various levels, cities, provinces and states.Keys to facilitating advancement, obstacles to advancement, etc.

Last edited:

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
Granadiers were Telus cup finalists were they not? I believe Mooseheads prospect J-S Tallifier plays for them as well.

Canadiens1958

Nov 30, 2007
Lake Memphremagog, QC.
Not So

this surprises me. I think Rimouski's assistant coach also recently left to coach a aaa midget team. I would have thought the money and prestige of being a qmjhl assistant coach was more than a aaa midget head coach.[/QUOTE]

The various school based Midget AAA coaching jobs offer greater salaries, job security and benefits.

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
Danny Flynn's name has been rumoured to both Charlottetown , Saint John and Cape Breton.

Tom Coolen's name has been discussed in regards to Saint John's vacancy , can't see it but he was Darryl Young's coach before...

Last edited:

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
What are your thoughts in Flynn coaching the Isles? I personally would bel pretty happy with a move like that. I hope we hear a name soon.

I think it would be a great move for Charlottetown. His teams might not be the most exciting but he knows how to win. He's a coach with a tonne of experience and a great hockey person to have in any organization. I know for a fact he was trying to get away from coaching , looking for an office role but who knows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad