SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
5f9z0t.jpg

Reactions: Jussi

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
The stutter step meant to confuse keepers just ends up confusing the kicker.

It's way too risky as well since you lose momentum. If they guess right they will save it for sure because you're not gonna be able to over power them with a hard shot on the correct side.

member 305909

I'm glad that the Swiss beat the French and I'm glad the Swiss are now out. They have done their share and they can go now.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Yup, what was it? 10 or 11? And a prancing Italian in the end.

I recall seeing some insane shootout in the Copa Libertadores some time between 2012 and 2018 that went to like insane lengths. I forgot who played, what year or what the final score was, but I do recall it lasting forever and having more twists and turns than a Swiss mountain road.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
It's way too risky as well since you lose momentum. If they guess right they will save it for sure because you're not gonna be able to over power them with a hard shot on the correct side.
They shouldn't do it. Just shoot precisely and hard.

Reactions: Sol

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Watched the pens on replay cause I had a call from work. I should have just skipped.

What an awful showing from professional footballers. The Swiss failures were just abysmal. Absolutely telegraphed the 1st and 2nd miss and then skied the third.

The only thing that would have been more awful would be to have a few of them taken again for keepers off the mark.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Still fuming about that red card. Yes I've seen that misleading still, it was a yellow not a red.

That's two perfectly good games we've had ruined due to VAR getting it wrong with a combination of poorly written old rules in the sport, first against Sweden now against the Swiss. Sweden likely would've won that game or at least taken it to penalties and I wouldn't count against the Swiss to have won this one 2-1 with how Spain were playing.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
I
I recall seeing some insane shootout in the Copa Libertadores some time between 2012 and 2018 that went to like insane lengths. I forgot who played, what year or what the final score was, but I do recall it lasting forever and having more twists and turns than a Swiss mountain road.
Haven't seen the game and I also don't remember who played. Just read somewhere. It was some east European lower league, where a penaltyround needed over 50 attempts. I bet at attempt 30 it became boring for the shooters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad