Q Blender Follies

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So Q just cannot stay with it. CORRECT decision to take Scmatlz off 2C ..so he goes to 2LW anAA back as 2C ...thus means Gorton rotating on 4th line with Martinson. ..

However a better Coach would realize that Schatz has no businesss on the 2nd line after his fails there in any position on line 2 ..

Fortin it is true did not finish his brief trial as 2LW ..but at least he generated lots of chances and if given more time domenofvthese eventually would go in..But Q has already decided Fortune will never finish ...yet he cannot see that Schatz fails on so many levels on 2nd line against the better opposition top 2 lines

My point is. .that SchMaltz had proven not ready to elevate enough to justify a line 2 role ..so he would be better on line 3 LW instead of Kunitz who should be benched. HE should have left Fortin as 2LW .... THEY should have recalled Highmore to play 2C ...q

Fortin Highmore Kane ...that should be line 2...Schmaltz AA Saad should be line 3... and Hayden Kruger Kampf should be line 4.

Kunitz should be waived. HE was extraneous from the get go.

This is all messed up because Q has no talent for seeing reality and who should be playing where ..

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
jdh dhurn djd idhua akajd dkhjwhid wdwuyuhj kjihfjfjf jjfufuukoh mmvh vhut jdhdhhrfd djhdhdhdjd. jdhhfdhfkk Highmore..sdhsjhskjhfskjhfskjk Biqvist cakes heduwhdjjdhdj kcsjhlshs smurf dsjfksjflshf smurf akkhsklh skkd ks kfkhd;jdjf ;kjfkj Fortin good kwdjwhlw sljefj dlfjdkjf smurf

that is what I think

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Just stick Anisimov with Kane until Schmaltz figures it out. I guess put a Hayden on the other wing, since Q won’t give Sikura a chance.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I don't think it would work at this early stage in their careers but I'd love to see Q with the balls to ever play the line of Fortin-Highmore-Kane. What a fabulous way to introduce the 2 kids with aspirations to be part of the future of the Blackhawks. I've seen Highmore willing to go to the net. So there's that.
One thing for sure, the line would be fast. Speed can erase many a mistake and gives the ops something to think about.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I don't think it would work at this early stage in their careers but I'd love to see Q with the balls to ever play the line of Fortin-Highmore-Kane. What a fabulous way to introduce the 2 kids with aspirations to be part of the future of the Blackhawks. I've seen Highmore willing to go to the net. So there's that.
One thing for sure, the line would be fast. Speed can erase many a mistake and gives the ops something to think about.

Would you then slot Schmaltz with Toews and Debrincat?

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
bottom line is Schmaltz should not be on Kanes line unless Schmaltz is going to be a shooter and he CAN be a shooter he is choosing not to shoot. Will a switch to LW fix that? Not likely however its worth a shot, as is placing schmaltz with cat and toews, AS is giving schmaltz his own line with speedy wingers.

Some posters here think it would its a criminal offence to have schmaltz play on a third line and play 17 minutes a game as opposed to playing 18 minutes on Kanes line where Schmaltz treats Kane like a god and has to defer and bow to him every time the f***ing puck touches 8's stick.

why is it that some people are SO opposed to Schmaltz playing one minute less against easier competition which will allow our best player Kane to be well our best player...

Reactions: BobbyJet

coolhand

Jan 20, 2016
Streamwood, IL
Can Schmaltz fill in where Panarin left off? Why not Schmaltz on wing with Anisimov and Kane? AA goes to the net and the wings have speed and skill.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I hate to say this, but Kane playing with linemates with top 6 skill makes everyone worse. They all defer to him too much because he's a top 10 offensive player in the league. Kane needs to play with 3rd line talent because at that point, he makes them better, instead of making himself and his linemates worse. The 2nd most skilled line overall should be the 3rd line. With the players that are available now, the best options to play with Kane are Anisimov and Fortin. Kane needs a big body to screen the goalie and a a guy who is at least as fast as he is now. Whether each of them are a C/W doesn't matter but they need to keep 88 away from other skilled players. 88 is too good for his own good. The problems that Kane/Schmaltz are having are similar to Kane/Panarin in 2017.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
How about Q moving Jokiharju off the powerplay in favour of Keith once again. Because it’s Joker’s fault the system is garbage right? I hope he gets fired before he ruins a promising kid, who’s played well considering the circumstances.

Reactions: Pez68 and coolhand

coolhand

Jan 20, 2016
Streamwood, IL
How about Q moving Jokiharju off the powerplay in favour of Keith once again. Because it’s Joker’s fault the system is garbage right? I hope he gets fired before he ruins a promising kid, who’s played well considering the circumstances.
I agree. Keith has been terrible on the PP, shoots into people or misses the net, and can't accept a pass anymore. He's got hands of stone it seems.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I hate to say this, but Kane playing with linemates with top 6 skill makes everyone worse. They all defer to him too much because he's a top 10 offensive player in the league. Kane needs to play with 3rd line talent because at that point, he makes them better, instead of making himself and his linemates worse. The 2nd most skilled line overall should be the 3rd line. With the players that are available now, the best options to play with Kane are Anisimov and Fortin. Kane needs a big body to screen the goalie and a a guy who is at least as fast as he is now. Whether each of them are a C/W doesn't matter but they need to keep 88 away from other skilled players. 88 is too good for his own good. The problems that Kane/Schmaltz are having are similar to Kane/Panarin in 2017.

Interesting theory. No question that Schmaltz and Panarin both fell into the same trap when playing with Kane but I'm not convinced it would happen with other players considered top 6 talent. Perhaps a veteran would not be so inclined, which is exactly what I have seen with AA. So perhaps the answer is: 88-AA-Fortin and put Schmaltz with Toews and Cat ..... Kahun on the 3rd line would make it better than what we have seen... hence more balance.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Interesting theory. No question that Schmaltz and Panarin both fell into the same trap when playing with Kane but I'm not convinced it would happen with other players considered top 6 talent. Perhaps a veteran would not be so inclined, which is exactly what I have seen with AA. So perhaps the answer is: 88-AA-Fortin and put Schmaltz with Toews and Cat ..... Kahun on the 3rd line would make it better than what we have seen... hence more balance.
They are the only players with top 6 talent he's ever played with consistently. Maybe you're right, and if that is the case, then it is an indictment on both Schmaltz and Panarin's hockey IQ.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Interesting. 12-19-8 could be a really scary line. Like really scary.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Powers has a piece at theathletic.com advocating giving Fortin another shot with Kane. For whatever reason Schmaltz just doesn't provide center play that meshes well with Kane and it may have been more that mismatch that got Fortin demoted than the few scoring chances Fortin didn't finish during his 2-game tryout on Kane's line. Will he ever be a legit top-6 scoring threat? Who knows, but he makes things happen in a positive way and given the dearth of better options I think he should get another shot with Kane - hopefully more than 2 games this time. I would keep Anisimov as the center though - he's not a perfect match but he plays his role well and creates space for Kane and ends up in front of the net consistently. Rather than put Schmaltz on Toews wing, replacing Kahun, I would try Saad with DCat and Toews and have Schmaltz center the 3rd line with Kahun on his wing. If Sikura earns his way up to the Hawks, this would be my top-9:

Saad-Toews-DCat
Fortin-Anisimov-Kane
Kahun-Schmaltz-Sikura

Another thought is I believe Fortin used to play center in JRs (I could be wrong - not sure) - but if yes, maybe give him a shot as Kane's center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad