WJC: Q&A with Denmark Goalie Sebastian Feuk

nabby12

Nov 11, 2008
Winnipeg
Article I just finished on Feuk. Enjoy! :)

To see it better go here:
http://bleacher report.com/articles/1000197-world-juniors-qa-with-denmark-goalie-sebastian-feuk

The heroic play of Sebastian Feuk, the 6'2" goalie from lackluster Team Denmark, has made him one of the early stories in this year's World Juniors. The 18-year-old's incredible glove save against Team USA made every highlight reel in North America.

Now the Danish netminder is looking towards the game of his life tomorrow against the powerhouse Canada.

We talked to him after his squad faced the Czech Republic.

Coming into this tournament, how well did you predict your team would do?

Well, we knew we had to play against very good teams so in the end it's about the relegation. We want to stay up here for sure.

In your first game against the USA, you made an incredible glove save that was the TSN Sportscentre highlight of the night. Tell us about that save?

Haha, it was just a fast reflex and luckily I saved it. I was shocked when I saw it on the Highlight of the Night after the game. I didn't see it coming. But it looked pretty damn nice on TV.

Against the Czechs you were under a lot of fire as well. You stopped 37 of 44 shots and were named Player of the Game, how was that game from your perspective?

It was nice to get some credit for the effort. But it was not an acceptable 3rd period at all. Letting in 4 goals. Garbage goals. I was not happy about that.

Holy Feuk!
Your play so far in this tournament has gotten you much praise from TSN commentators and everyone on Twitter. Did you expect to be the most popular player on the team coming in to this?

Well, the tournament is not over yet and many things can still happen. I did not expect this at all. It is just amazing and I'm really enjoying it. :)

Your English is very good for a Dane, why is that?

We have to learn English from when we're 9-10 years old in Denmark. Almost all of us speaks it good. Well, all I know is that we're better than the Swedes in English.

What goalies do you idolize?

My idols are Henrik Lundqvist and Pekka Rinne. I like the way they play and stop the puck. I like other goalies too but when I watch the NHL highlights I always look for those two guys to see how they did.

So as of right now you are without a club team. What happened?

Yes, I'm a goalie without a team at the moment. It obviously didn't work out for me in Timrå. I went on a tryout in Herlev Eagles (Den), and suddenly they said they didn't want to sign me. Hm... Okay fine. Came to me as a shock.

What about your equipment?

Almost everything is "new" to me. It is old equipment that I used last year and two seasons ago. Obviously my helmets white color turned yellowish. My dad painted it. He did a good job I think, since it was his first time.

Sebastian Feuk
So anyways, what club do you think you will go to after the World Juniors? Your play in this tournament should get you a lot of interest from teams.

Yeah I really hope to get some offers so I really can continue my career.

Looking ahead to your game Thursday against Canada, a game where millions of people will be watching... What do you need to do to make Thursday a success?

To play more like a team and decrease the mistakes. If we do that we might be able to make a good result against Canada, and the spectators will be on their side this time.

What about you personally?

I'm just gonna do what I did the last two games. Fight for every puck and try to take as many pucks as possible.

Tell us about your game, what kind of goalie are you?

Butterfly goalie. My strengths is my skating and moving on the ice. Weakness is the physical. I have to get stronger. And my reflex's could be faster.

What do you like best about Canada?

The hockey culture. The "Canadian-Danish fans." I really like that.

On Thursday against Team Canada you get to live every kids dreams of having over ten million people watch you play hockey. What do you feel about that?

Yes. I'm really really excited about it. I'm just trying to enjoy it as much as I can. Its a good experience and memory for me.

Thank you Sebastian for the interview and good luck in the rest of the tournament!

Thanks Ty :)

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
I stopped reading after "The heroic play of Sebastian Feuk"

heroic?? really?

nabby12

Nov 11, 2008
Winnipeg
I stopped reading after "The heroic play of Sebastian Feuk"

heroic?? really?

its-time-to-stop-posting.jpg

Cold Dome Beers

yaaaaaaahhhhoooooooo
Aug 29, 2011
I know this is really immature, but whenever I say his last name, I prefer to use a curse word... it's just funny.

Salim786

May 31, 2007
City of Champions
Howd you like the article?

Wasn't bad man. Good insight into his life and revealed something not a lot of fans would know. Could've maybe expanded on his options and his potential of playing in the CHL. I think that you have to edit some of his responses and format them professionally (NOT edit what he says). Things like the smiley face and "ha" should be avoided. Instead just use [laughs] to convey him laughing.

Good luck w/ BleacherReport. If you're around the press box in Edmonton or Calgary let me know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad