Q&A with Bill Lindsay

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Coop they said FS Florida was going to have him between the benches for some games as a 3rd commentator, any idea why that didn't happen? Dennis is so much worse since he came back.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
i hope billy understand how beloved he is by this fanbase

he might be the funniest commentator in the whole NHL, holy ****, i lol'd so hard when he said that he thought his wife was relentless

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I wasn't a huge fan of Billy as color commentary originally as he would lose his train of thought at times and I remembered loving Potvin in the past as he sounded like my Grandpa giving wisdom with his hockey knowledge.

However, now I'm not a huge fan of Potvin as he's way too biased our way towards the refs and he can't get a name right if his life depended on it. Billy as a person is hilarious at times and has a good deal of knowledge of the game himself. I guess some of us just didn't notice how much we missed him until he was gone from his old position.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
I wasn't a huge fan of Billy as color commentary originally as he would lose his train of thought at times and I remembered loving Potvin in the past as he sounded like my Grandpa giving wisdom with his hockey knowledge.

However, now I'm not a huge fan of Potvin as he's way too biased our way towards the refs and he can't get a name right if his life depended on it. Billy as a person is hilarious at times and has a good deal of knowledge of the game himself. I guess some of us just didn't notice how much we missed him until he was gone from his old position.

I feel that Potvin has toned down the complaining about calls quite a bit since the beginning of the season. I still really like Potvin as I think he knows a ton about the game and can provide insight and points things out that I wouldn't otherwise notice. I love Billy as well. I think the Panthers have an excellent broadcast team.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I think the Panthers have an excellent broadcast team.

Overall, absolutely. Probably Top 5 in the league. I know some may ask if I'm kidding, but if you listen to the broadcast teams around the league, there are some really terrible ones out there that make me a lot less interested in watching their games.

Jan 19, 2006
Billy has grown tremendously since he first started as color commentator.

It's a shame that after a season where he finally showed that he can do the job he was "demoted"

Having said that, I like the three headed approach they have taken this season. I actually leave the sound on now.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

I was gutted when I heard the news in the summer that Lindsay and Goldstein weren't going to be together.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
goldie might be a top3 play by play, he's great with the names and actually really tries, reads the ads/commercials really well, is funny, knows plenty about the game

potvin is probably bottom 5 for clour guys though

möller and lindsay are the most hilarious ****ers ever

top winnipeg facts? WTF?

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
I started to watch away broadcasts for away games because I got tired of Potvin. Unexpected byproduct is increased appreciation for our broadcast team. Goldie and Billy are great.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Not everyone likes him for some reason.
Billy sounds too nervous for 90% of the time, his analysis of plays was too plain/simple and he never came up anything new to say (about the play) like Potvin does, it was always the same old examples.

The only positive I can think of was his humour, but it's not enough to compensate for his deficiencies. Billy's job was supposed to be an analyst, not a comedy act.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
i love billy. i do feel like his & goldies relationship is rather.. icey. they take shot at each other and afterwards they're like "nah, j/k" but then this awkardness always comes over them like they're both thinking "you ****ing ******* i ****ing hate your guts" :laugh:

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Billy sounds too nervous for 90% of the time, his analysis of plays was too plain/simple and he never came up anything new to say (about the play) like Potvin does, it was always the same old examples.

The only positive I can think of was his humour, but it's not enough to compensate for his deficiencies. Billy's job was supposed to be an analyst, not a comedy act.

Potvin isn't a good analyst either. He's kind of unbearable tbh.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
i love billy. i do feel like his & goldies relationship is rather.. icey. they take shot at each other and afterwards they're like "nah, j/k" but then this awkardness always comes over them like they're both thinking "you ****ing ******* i ****ing hate your guts" :laugh:

A real bromance.

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
i hope billy understand how beloved he is by this fanbase

he might be the funniest commentator in the whole NHL, holy ****, i lol'd so hard when he said that he thought his wife was relentless

Haha yes and he has that ex wife joke he uses. I can't quite remember it but something like offsides and icings are like ex wives, they cost you.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Potvin isn't a good analyst either. He's kind of unbearable tbh.
Yes, he's pretty washed up at this point.

But if they're looking to replace Potvin, I sure as hell hope they're looking a bit further than just giving Billy his old job back. Either:

A) get a proper analyst (key word here, not a comedy act) from outside the current group, no idea who.

or B) train Billy so that he sounds like an actual analyst and not someone that was announced as a fill-in 5 minutes before the show starts.

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida

He sounded a little butt hurt when Goldy called him out for confusing the 3 stooges with the Keystone cops.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad