PWHPA, Billie Jean King & The Mark Walter Group working to create a new women's pro hockey league.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Wnba players want the sakes salaries as nba players

I mean, one Google, m'man. Give me one Google:

“We're asking to get paid the same percentage of revenue shared.” She called the idea that the WNBA players want to get paid the same amount as NBA players a “huge misconception.” “In the NBA, they have percentages of revenue shared for the players — so, jersey sales, obviously their TV contracts,” Plum said.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I mean, one Google, m'man. Give me one Google:

“We're asking to get paid the same percentage of revenue shared.” She called the idea that the WNBA players want to get paid the same amount as NBA players a “huge misconception.” “In the NBA, they have percentages of revenue shared for the players — so, jersey sales, obviously their TV contracts,” Plum said.

Yeah, when you operate at a loss as a league there isn't exactly revenue available to be arguing over. That argument always leaves out that if the teams gave more revenue to the players they'd be out of business.

KevFu

May 22, 2009
Phoenix from Rochester via New Orleans
Sigh, any business is going to increase the levels of what they do based on revenue projections coming in, just because they can. You fund what you can afford.

It's no different that a person's living situation at each stage of the their lives: Our homes, our cars, etc. Most people's home and car budgets are the same percent of their income whether you're a 22-year old broke person or a 45-year old, relatively well off person.

You double your salary and you go from a house with a 1500 payment and 200 car to a 3000 house, 400 car payments and your disposable income is basically the same.

College athletics is a great example of how that works in sports: Because you can see the staff directories of schools, compare that to revenue. You can see that Purdue has like 215 employees in athletics and Rhode Island has 140.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad