PWHL announces US national broadcaster

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
I've been watching the PWHL broadcasts as they appear on Youtube. While I'm happy they have a US partner, I hope this doesn't mean those streams on Youtube continue..

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
Is WSN paying the PWHL for this or vice versa? Baby steps I suppose but I assume this was not plan A. This is where building a league gets very interesting. What are the terms? Who is paying who? Is this all part of the plan or is this a setback?

I followed the open wheel racing war between Champ Car and fIRL intensely and found the business behind announcements like this very interesting.

PWHL is succeeding on the attendance front, let's hope this arrangement is a stepping stone toward a deal with a bigger partner. On the surface WSN can't really move the needle for the league, imo.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Is WSN paying the PWHL for this or vice versa? Baby steps I suppose but I assume this was not plan A. This is where building a league gets very interesting. What are the terms? Who is paying who? Is this all part of the plan or is this a setback?

I followed the open wheel racing war between Champ Car and fIRL intensely and found the business behind announcements like this very interesting.

PWHL is succeeding on the attendance front, let's hope this arrangement is a stepping stone toward a deal with a bigger partner. On the surface WSN can't really move the needle for the league, imo.
Usually these sorts of deals on ad supported free streaming services end up being ad revenue splits with no cash actually changing hands.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad