PWHL announces training facilities

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Don't know the other cities obviously but Ford Centre is the Leafs practice facility. I wonder how much access they have? Like do they get the training room to use (presumably from tweet), an office, video editing? I guess the question is how much is MLSE offering up in support here.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Don't know the other cities obviously but Ford Centre is the Leafs practice facility. I wonder how much access they have? Like do they get the training room to use (presumably from tweet), an office, video editing? I guess the question is how much is MLSE offering up in support here.
There's multiple rinks in the building so I'd imagine they will have one of the other ones? Unless they schedule practices around the Leafs, but that may be tough at times. Probably better to just give them another rink and room.

King Karl

five-year run of unparalleled suffering
Mar 18, 2014
Halifax, NS
TD place is where the 67s and RedBlacks play. I was hoping our PHWL team would end up playing there - I assume that's where the games will be too, which is excellent news.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
You'd think either the Marlies or the Leafs pad though right? Those are the ones with the pro level facilities also in place. Probably the Marlies pad I'd guess?

edit:
“We are excited to call Ford Performance Centre our team’s training facility and home for the 2023-24 season,” said Gina Kingsbury, PWHL Toronto General Manager. “It’s imperative that we provide our athletes and staff with the space needed to create a professional environment for the season. Ford Performance Centre will provide us with the space to build our own locker room, create office space for our staff, and get us started on the right foot for this inaugural season. We are excited to be down the hall from two incredible organizations, the Leafs and Marlies, and can’t wait to get started!”

Well there we go then.

They certainly are giving this are real serious go, best of luck to them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad