Putting It All Together-What does Jarmo do now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Doesn't the title of this thread "What does Jarmo do now?" sort of invite "I think they're going to" type of projections you're taking about? I don't see where the harm in that is?

You're still buzzkillin' me with the obvious. I don't believe that anyone here KNOWS what the FO is GOING to do, (unless your handle is "JD" or "JK", or "the dude in charge" or "Finn-it to Win-it" or "Nostradamus", then I might think twice about what you write ;-). I certainly don't. . .but I've got opinions that I'd like to express about what I THINK they are going to do, given what I know.

You have totally missed my point, which is that people are positing what the FO is going to do without offering evidence beyond "guy's not good". Now, if someone were to suggest that a certain player (Wisniewski, let's say) and offered up a reason why they felt JD/Jarmo might be looking at it based on evidence to support it, then I'm interested. I might disagree, or might say that "sure, that makes sense, but I still think we have no idea." But it's at least something. But I don't find "I don't think this guy's good" as supporting evidence for what Jarmo will do.

Too many people are projecting their own opinions of what they would do or think should be done onto the FO, and posting it as "here's what I think will happen," which is a different thing entirely. One person's buzzkill is another person's request for informed posting.

General Jacket70

Jul 26, 2002
Anchorage, AK
Visit site
You have totally missed my point, which is that people are positing what the FO is going to do without offering evidence beyond "guy's not good". Now, if someone were to suggest that a certain player (Wisniewski, let's say) and offered up a reason why they felt JD/Jarmo might be looking at it based on evidence to support it, then I'm interested. I might disagree, or might say that "sure, that makes sense, but I still think we have no idea." But it's at least something. But I don't find "I don't think this guy's good" as supporting evidence for what Jarmo will do.

Too many people are projecting their own opinions of what they would do or think should be done onto the FO, and posting it as "here's what I think will happen," which is a different thing entirely. One person's buzzkill is another person's request for informed posting.

You know, I can't argue against any of that. But don't be surprised if Wisniewski is bought out/traded over the summer, for reasons I expressed earlier in this thread. . . . .:)

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
You know, I can't argue against any of that. But don't be surprised if Wisniewski is bought out/traded over the summer, for reasons I expressed earlier in this thread. . . . .:)

Traded? Maybe. Bought out? No way. If that happens, I will not only be surprised I will seriously question their sanity.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
We're still in the mix, but this road trip has definitely hurt our chances. With the deadline looming, do you think Jarmo will be content to let this season continue to play out?

The streak turned the season around for a couple of weeks, but the reality of this team before the streak and perhaps now, on this road trip, is that they are unlikely to make the playoffs. JK seems like an aggressive guy (or wait, is it arrogant? ;) ), the opposite of Howson in that he won't wait around on things. If he's going to make a call on this season I think it's not unlikely that he decides we are sellers and starts making deadline moves. The potential Letestu extension may be a prelude to that.

Tomorrow's game will provide more clarity. If we lose, I think we see some trades.

But I have no idea what they might be, aside from the obvious Aucoin deal.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
We're still in the mix, but this road trip has definitely hurt our chances. With the deadline looming, do you think Jarmo will be content to let this season continue to play out?

Not really. We are in miracle territory. We got ourselves, briefly, into the mix. We are down to unrealistic.

Tomorrow's game will provide more clarity. If we lose, I think we see some trades.

It has already been decided. The next game doesn't matter in their minds.

There was little chance of us buying, moderate chance of holding. Now if you aren't part of the solution you will be shopped at the deadline as opposed to waiting for the off season.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Not really. We are in miracle territory. We got ourselves, briefly, into the mix. We are down to unrealistic.

It has already been decided. The next game doesn't matter in their minds.

There was little chance of us buying, moderate chance of holding. Now if you aren't part of the solution you will be shopped at the deadline as opposed to waiting for the off season.

I agree, I think its time to assess the deadline value of some pieces, and question whether Todd is the man for the job. I just don't see this team pulling it off with all these road games.

Our chances of getting in dropped 5.0 percentage points due to this loss alone. From 10.9% to 5.9% (As projected by sports club stats). EDM jumped 3.4% points to 13.5%. It was a huge game for both teams.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Last night really was the tipping point. Wins last night and tonight would have put us in a playoff spot. But last night hurt and if they lose again tonight its all over.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I would like Jarmo to get a little more visible. It's been all John Davidson and he isn't actually the GM. Davidson's a smart guy and a good architect, but I'd like to know that Jarmo thinks for himself.

Roadman

Moving On
Sep 9, 2009
London OH
Thanks! I can't access the Dispatch anymore.

that third category also makes sense somewhat with this team. It's hard to know who to move because almost everyone has been contributing

Download Google Chrome (free) and use incognito mode. Read all the Patch you want including puckrakers and sports sections.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Download Google Chrome (free) and use incognito mode. Read all the Patch you want including puckrakers and sports sections.

thanks! I use Chrome, but didn't know about incognito mode. I don't want to be incognito for all the other places I visit, but I'll definitely look this up

Roadman

Moving On
Sep 9, 2009
London OH
thanks! I use Chrome, but didn't know about incognito mode. I don't want to be incognito for all the other places I visit, but I'll definitely look this up

Upper right hand corner button touch offers "new tab", "incognito tab"' and others. Open incognito go to dispatch read what you want close the tab and you are back to normal usage.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Upper right hand corner button touch offers "new tab", "incognito tab"' and others. Open incognito go to dispatch read what you want close the tab and you are back to normal usage.

thanks. I was just gonna Google Google Chrom Incognito in Google Chrome. Google... whoa

So it's just the one tab? That's very convenient. Thanks again

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Moved some of the last bits of discussion from here to the Trade Deadline thread. Please use that thread for all personnel discussion/speculation/blog rumors/proposals, please. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad