Put those in order

Status
Not open for further replies.

pooler99

Sep 28, 2002
Krynn
Visit site
For a keeper league where only points counts head to head 8 GM league (3rd liners are useless)

Let's say you have to choose only 4 out of those:

Eric Fehr
Josef Balej
Corey Perry
Drew Stafford
Brent Burns
Timofei Shishkanov
Antoine Vermette
Tomas Suvory
Nicklas Kronwall
Chris Ehrhoff
Thomas Pock
Ryan Getzlaf
Brad Boyes
Rob Schremp

Here is my shot in no particular order:

Fehr
Pock (hoping he's next year's Zidlicky) nothing to lose i'll release him for next year
Getzlaf
Kronwall

Testify

Jun 24, 2004
hmm maybe Im a bit wrong but here would be my pick ( no particular order too )

Getzlaf
Pock
Balej
Ehrhoff

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
Balej isnt going to be in the AHL. Hes going to be on the top 2 lines for NY. Pock wont be next years Zidlicky (eventually can be but hes a lot younger) - he just came out of the NCAA. He needs some time, doesnt mean he wont be fantasy worthy. I think he could turn out to be a 45 point guy, I like the (last years version) of Dan Boyle comparisons. I cant help out though other than that, im not good at this stuff.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
NYRangers said:
Balej isnt going to be in the AHL. Hes going to be on the top 2 lines for NY. Pock wont be next years Zidlicky (eventually can be but hes a lot younger) - he just came out of the NCAA. He needs some time, doesnt mean he wont be fantasy worthy. I think he could turn out to be a 45 point guy, I like the (last years version) of Dan Boyle comparisons. I cant help out though other than that, im not good at this stuff.

If there's no season, Balej should be in the AHL, and I'd expect him to get around 80 pts or so.

pooler99

Sep 28, 2002
Krynn
Visit site
NYRangers said:
Comparing Pock to Zidlicky was an exemple i choose for saying that last year at this date Zid was almost unknown as Pock is this year

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
Thats fair, I meant how Pock probably wont expload into a first year season like Zid, he is older and more mature. But Pock might warrant a late pick as a 4th defensemen in a regulation league. In a keeper I'd also take him.

Thundermare

Aug 21, 2004
Thomas Pock (he's for real)
Josef Balej (fastly rising due to a good opportunity in NY)
Timofei Shishkanov (Can do magic on ice)
Antoine Vermette (should have a good chance even with a Jam packed talent roster)

L. K. Hall .08

T o be perfectly honest, I think you have to find a way to protect more than 4 of these.You have a solid bunch of young potential. You have many in that list that have top 2line potential.
Ryan Getzlaf-was a man among boys in the dub last year, he made A. Ladd a top 5 pick this year. I'm not saying Ladd wouldn't have been one without him, but Getzlaf was by far the best player on Calgary last year. I watched him play alot last year and he is first line material with Anaheim. Size, strength, scoring ability, finesse, and he can also scate. He would be my #1 protected player.

Eric Fehr- Just wrapped up the 10-day Canadian junior summer evaluation camp in Calgary, and they say he really shined. 4 goals in 3 games(coming off a fractured wrist) he's now 6'3 200lb, with 10lbs added muscle, and he can flat out find the net. I live in Brandon where Fehr plays his junior, and was lucky enough to watch him play all his home games and a couple of away games, and I will sound like a homer here, but this kid has done it all for the Wheaties since being drafted as a 6'2 163lb bantam. I think he will become a star, more than I hope he will. He will be back in Brandon though, FOR SURE, next year.
After that, WOW, do you have a desision to make! I like Schremp, (VERY high upside, but risky), and Pock (a straight up offensive D).

Burns, Balej, Shishkanov, Stafford, Burns, Kronwall, Erhoff, just a load of talent and potential, and if you can trade in this league, you would be better off dealing some of these boys for some proven point producers, rather than losing them outright.

Good luck with your overabundance of potential problem. LOL.

:cheers:

AG9NK35DT8*

pooler99 said:
For a keeper league where only points counts head to head 8 GM league (3rd liners are useless)

Let's say you have to choose only 4 out of those:

Eric Fehr
Josef Balej
Corey Perry
Drew Stafford
Brent Burns
Timofei Shishkanov
Antoine Vermette
Tomas Suvory
Nicklas Kronwall
Chris Ehrhoff
Thomas Pock
Ryan Getzlaf
Brad Boyes
Rob Schremp

Here is my shot in no particular order:

Fehr
Pock (hoping he's next year's Zidlicky) nothing to lose i'll release him for next year
Getzlaf
Kronwall

no particular order

pock
balej
Burns
Getzlaf

pooler99

Sep 28, 2002
Krynn
Visit site
L. K. Hall .08 said:
T o be perfectly honest, I think you have to find a way to protect more than 4 of these.You have a solid bunch of young potential. You have many in that list that have top 2line potential.
Ryan Getzlaf-was a man among boys in the dub last year, he made A. Ladd a top 5 pick this year. I'm not saying Ladd wouldn't have been one without him, but Getzlaf was by far the best player on Calgary last year. I watched him play alot last year and he is first line material with Anaheim. Size, strength, scoring ability, finesse, and he can also scate. He would be my #1 protected player.

Eric Fehr- Just wrapped up the 10-day Canadian junior summer evaluation camp in Calgary, and they say he really shined. 4 goals in 3 games(coming off a fractured wrist) he's now 6'3 200lb, with 10lbs added muscle, and he can flat out find the net. I live in Brandon where Fehr plays his junior, and was lucky enough to watch him play all his home games and a couple of away games, and I will sound like a homer here, but this kid has done it all for the Wheaties since being drafted as a 6'2 163lb bantam. I think he will become a star, more than I hope he will. He will be back in Brandon though, FOR SURE, next year.
After that, WOW, do you have a desision to make! I like Schremp, (VERY high upside, but risky), and Pock (a straight up offensive D).

Burns, Balej, Shishkanov, Stafford, Burns, Kronwall, Erhoff, just a load of talent and potential, and if you can trade in this league, you would be better off dealing some of these boys for some proven point producers, rather than losing them outright.

Good luck with your overabundance of potential problem. LOL.

:cheers:
I don't have to protect 4 of those, they are players available to be drafted in our keeper. As i said it's an 8 Gm league so there is a lot of quality prospects left to be drafted each year since we have around 5 or 6 rounds each year (40 players/year). This year i have two 1st rounders , three 2nd rounders, a 4th and two 5th rounder needless to say that i'm rebuilding

Stanger31

Apr 6, 2003
St. Albert
I'm in a league the same size as yours, and I know how hard it is to have good young high scoring dmen. After Gonchar, Pronger, Jovo, and a handful of others, you are left with middle of the line guys. And i see Kronwall as the next good young dman that puts up good numbers. (i've got Zidlicky-drafted last september, Timonen, Mara, B. Stuart, Kaberle, Redden, Tjutin, Eminger, Suter, Seabrook, and I'm tryin to get Barker in this years draft-but that took a lot of waiting and risking). So what i'd go with If i were in your situation with those guys to choose from.

Nicklas Kronwall-1
Thomas Pock-2
Ryan Getzlaf-3
And for the 4th guy I would have a hard time. IMO Schremp has way more talent than Balej, but that will take a few years. Whereas Balej could put up 50pts in the next season and be a very consistent 65pt guy in his career. But I see Schremp as being a top end offensive player that is great for fantasy leagues and could put up top 10 numbers a few times.

Josef Balej
Rob Schremp (i'd favor Schremp)

gocanada

Aug 21, 2004
schremp - has offensive talent coming out of his ears

getzlaf - a poor mans rick nash

jozef balej - ripped it up in the ahl and should become a decent offensive threat in the nhl

corey perry - has shown that he could score in the ohl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad