GDT: PUT THAT COOKIE DOWN, HENRIK!: Rangers @ Devils, 7 PM, MSG+2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Are they better than the infamous $1 hotdogs from hell? :sarcasm:
Good times.

I used to eat 6 or 7, no lie.

I can still eat 6 or 7 hot dogs. They're really not that high in calories, just high in fat and probably not that good for you. I'll still enjoy some hot dogs though. Some of them only have 140-170 calories, while the bun has 110-120. I think it was Nathan's when it was dollar hot dog night. Nathan's are good.

Reactions: glenwo2

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It's nice to be 4-0 on this homestand so far. Well, 3-0 I guess. We played on the road in Montreal in between the Kings home game and these last few games. Our home record wasn't all that great before this 4 home wins in a row stretch.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It's nice to be 4-0 on this homestand so far. Well, 3-0 I guess. We played on the road in Montreal in between the Kings home game and these last few games. Our home record wasn't all that great before this 4 home wins in a row stretch.

One of the last four teams with under 10 regulation loses.

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
It's funny how traumatized I still am from the past few seasons. Whenever they fall behind, and especially against the Rags, I feel a deep emptiness and hopelessness like there is no way back to victory. But this team is different than these sorry lineups from the past 4 or 5 seasons and yet, some nights I still can't believe what I am seeing. I have to keep telling myself: The Devils are back and they are for real. They are, they are, they are.

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
Taylor needs the C next go around. Dude set the tone and honestly this is his team.

Yeah, and is he having fun to finally play on a good team. It shows on his face how much he enjoys every second of it. Great team guy as far as I'm concerned. And Boyle... what can you say about him? Such a great leader and such a great person too. I think he was the missing piece in this lineup, a spiritual leader so to say.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
blows my mind people still **** on the trade
The Hall for Larsson trade? It's one of the worst trades in the history of ever.

Well, at least of the decade. People who don't think so are in denial.

We traded a #3-#4 defenseman for a guy that's easily our best player.

It was a heist.

Oilers fans can try to sell everyone they can on it, right before they (the few who still like him) try to sell me how they don't have a mediocre and overrated head coach.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Boyle definitely seems like the perfect locker room leader to teach these rooks and help will this team to the playoffs.

Boyle's an example of why you need vet leadership for a young team. Granted, not all vets are Brian Boyle but still it's helpful for the kids to see a guy like him on and off the ice.

And think about this too, Boyle chose us over other teams ostensibly closer to winning, at least on paper. Maybe he knew something too.

Reactions: New Jersey

severian

Aug 19, 2007
Westfield
The Hall for Larsson trade? It's one of the worst trades in the history of ever.

Well, at least of the decade. People who don't think so are in denial.

We traded a #3-#4 defenseman for a guy that's easily our best player.

It was a heist.

Oilers fans can try to sell everyone they can on it, right before they (the few who still like him) try to sell me how they don't have a mediocre and overrated head coach.

The Gomez to Montreal trade was much much worse.

Reactions: RNCDevil

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Gomez to Montreal trade was much much worse.
That was last decade in 2009.

I don’t think that trade looked as bad at first. Gomez was still a first line center, but just on kind of a crappy contract. Two or three years later it looked really bad. The Larsson for Hall deal looked extremely suspect from the start. Even to many Oilers fans, until they changed their mind due to the making the playoffs last year.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Boyle's an example of why you need vet leadership for a young team. Granted, not all vets are Brian Boyle but still it's helpful for the kids to see a guy like him on and off the ice.

And think about this too, Boyle chose us over other teams ostensibly closer to winning, at least on paper. Maybe he knew something too.
He may have thought he had a better opportunity to fill the role he is now on this team as well. He probably saw an opportunity with a young roster where he could be a leader and play a larger role than on some other teams, where he would be a purely depth player.

He's having a fantastic season though.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Palmieri has been awesome when he’s played.

We still have him for 3 more years on a really great contract.

On pace for 60 points (in 82 games) and has one of the lower on-ice shooting percentages on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad