GDT: PUT THAT COOKIE DOWN, HENRIK!: Rangers @ Devils, 7 PM, MSG+2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
vatanen with 24 min tonight. hynes leans on him heavy

Didn't like his game tonight. Haven't liked his past 2-3 actually.

Also, on another note - that PK in OT was textbook. Didn't even allow them to get set up really for any big opportunities.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Zacha had another strong game. He is so good in his own zone with the quick little passes that may sometimes go unnoticed.

Its time to bench Stafford. Hopefully for Bratt on Saturday.

Zacha had one of his better games in a while for sure. Didn't understand the decision to put Stafford out in the SO there, nor did I understand having Palmieri take the opening draw in OT or not having a C out on the ice.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
That might have been the best game we played offensively in some time.

Schneider really buckled down after a tough first.

Zacha had another strong game. He is so good in his own zone with the quick little passes that may sometimes go unnoticed.

Its time to bench Stafford. Hopefully for Bratt on Saturday.

Yeah zacha was really good. Noticed him a lot on the puck. He looks confident out there.

Reactions: HockeysFinest

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
The only reason Cory stopped a couple in the shootout was because a real goalie, who will be a better starter than him, was giving him some tips on the bench before it started.

amirite?

Might be time to put down the Kinkaid hate.

It was a big win, man. Let it go.

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
Zacha had one of his better games in a while for sure. Didn't understand the decision to put Stafford out in the SO there, nor did I understand having Palmieri take the opening draw in OT or not having a C out on the ice.

1/3 attempts stafford scores. in the shoot out thats a really good stat.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Just finished watching the game (DVR)

Hey hey hey look its useless Boyle again!

Good win fun game.
who even calls Boyle useless here? i feel like people saying it sarcastically say it more. zajac is the one that people target like that on here. I questioned him on PP1 earlier this season but now I am more than fine with it and he brings a net front presence no one else on the team has. The only qualm I have with is Zajac on it. Rather have Johansson on PP1 in Zajac's role. and they can put zacha on pp2.

Last edited:
Reactions: SteveCangialosi123

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
*****e much?
Oh there you are! Thought you left!

I forgot to ask you this earlier. You said earlier goalie stats mean nothing, right? So then why does Kinkaid allow more goals than Schneider? WHY?! I wanna know why. Do you think the team makes a collective effort to shit the bed for Kinkaid when he's in and plays better for Schneider? I would think if anything, they'd try and play better for the backup, who they all know isn't as good.

If goalie stats mean nothing, then why does Kinkaid allow more goals than Schneider? What is the cause of it?

New Jack City

Dec 28, 2011
Lots of standout players tonight. Zacha had his best game in a while, top line was lethal. Best game for Vat as a devil as well.

The UND buddies Zajac/Stafford are on xmas vacation already though

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
who even calls Boyle useless here? i feel like people saying it sarcastically say it more. zajac is the one that people target like that on here.

I am sure someone here will remember exactly who it was but it was said and it was said many times.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Might be time to put down the Kinkaid hate.

It was a big win, man. Let it go.
Then it might be time for you to stop picking apart everything bad Schneider does, who has played ASTRONOMICALLY better than Kinkaid.

It's one of the biggest differentials in two different goalie's play on the same team in the entire league.

There's not many teams that have two goalies with that drastic of a difference in play.

Kinkaid has STUNK this year, and that's why he's been glued to the bench for almost 2 weeks and in one of the back to backs.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Brian Boyle is the PERFECT guy for the rookies. How do you not want to give 110% for that guy every night? You think you have it hard? Look at Boyle and look at the effort he brings every night

Reactions: 23 others
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad