Pundit speculation: allow one day in NHL season for "tampering"

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
DGB Grab Bag: The NHL should have one day of legal tampering...

Paywall

Pundit proposes one day/season, perhaps a couple of weeks before TDL, where teams and players would be allowed to express directly, publicly to potential players their thoughts on joining specific team.

Would be open, transparent, and fana would be tracking owner's plane.

In practice, could really alienate pending free agents who don't feel as wanted.

Interesting idea, but potentially disastrous.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
DGB Grab Bag: The NHL should have one day of legal tampering...

Paywall

Pundit proposes one day/season, perhaps a couple of weeks before TDL, where teams and players would be allowed to express directly, publicly to potential players their thoughts on joining specific team.

Would be open, transparent, and fana would be tracking owner's plane.

In practice, could really alienate pending free agents who don't feel as wanted.

Interesting idea, but potentially disastrous.

The agents who already control the rumors would have a field day with this.

The sad reality is there are agents out there that tell the Canadian media elite info before they tell their clients.

Reactions: Mud the ACAS

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Gee, I wonder who's most likely to benefit from this and who's most likely to suffer.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
There's already essentially open tampering over in Europe when it comes to their football leagues and it is the single thing I hate the most about the way business is done over there. Players negotiating contracts with other teams when they're still under contract with their curren team, stuff like that. Awful stuff. Hate it. Really don't care to see it in the NHL.

There are some things the Europeans do better than we do it in North America, but this isn't one of them, as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: Mud the ACAS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad