Injury Report: Pulock out 4-6 Weeks LBI

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Maddening. Wish he NHL was more candid about their injuries. The NFL reports everything in detail. The NHL leaves you guessing.
I dunno...Mekhi Beckton was supposed to be out for 4-6 weeks or so. That turned into the whole damn season. Of course, I don't think the team counted on him eating himself out of game shape, which is probably what he did.

Re who comes out when Pulock goes back in, it wouldn't be terrible to have some guys rotate in and out keep our old fogies rested. I don't care how good a shape Greene and Chara are in. At there age, multiple back to backs in a week (including 3 games in 4) has to wear on you. I'd do the same with Martin/Johnston and Cizikas/Czarnik. Give them some breathers during this stretch. We finally have some depth - lets make use of it.

Reactions: attilatheislander

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
I dunno...Mekhi Beckton was supposed to be out for 4-6 weeks or so. That turned into the whole damn season. Of course, I don't think the team counted on him eating himself out of game shape, which is probably what he did.

Re who comes out when Pulock goes back in, it wouldn't be terrible to have some guys rotate in and out keep our old fogies rested. I don't care how good a shape Greene and Chara are in. At there age, multiple back to backs in a week (including 3 games in 4) has to wear on you. I'd do the same with Martin/Johnston and Cizikas/Czarnik. Give them some breathers during this stretch. We finally have some depth - lets make use of it.

I think Greene and Chara should rotate. They should keep Salo in the lineup but depending on roster size they might not be able too unless they expose someone like Aho.

Last edited:

periferal

Jul 5, 2007

The difference is...In the NFL they are usually much more specific with injury announcements.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021

Tbh Becton was also a fatass so there's that. Pulock isn't a fatass, he needs to skate and constantly put pressure on that area. Matters a ton for a skaters lower body to be healthy

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Pulock allegedly skated with the team today at the morning skate. Waiting for someone with a blue check mark to confirm.

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
To add the the earlier tweet. The puck is on Pulock's stick. He's a tough western kid/man, if he's not feeling it. Better to side on caution. Don't want him out the rest of the season with anymore set backs.

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
I understand Filatov's kid is supposed to be a real sleeper this year.

JHS was a sleeper too.

7D8CE512-0B47-4A28-8027-22C3EE68F030.gif

Reactions: doublechili

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
let's hope it's the guy we saw during the playoffs and not the pre injury of this season version eh?
I agree with you but I’m glad I didn’t have to bring that up. Thanks for falling on the sword there.

As things have played out this season it’s clear that the Isles miss Pulock’s presence. They suffer not only by his absence but by needing to put some of his RHD teammates in roles they’re not ready to take on.

Despite the above, he had plenty of defensive miscues last year. I haven’t even been able to use one of my standard GDT posts when he coughs up the puck. Pelech >>>Pulock.

With all that being said, this team is way better with him than without him. I just hope he’s learned how to hit the side of a barn with his slap shot.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
I agree with you but I’m glad I didn’t have to bring that up. Thanks for falling on the sword there.

As things have played out this season it’s clear that the Isles miss Pulock’s presence. They suffer not only by his absence but by needing to put some of his RHD teammates in roles they’re not ready to take on.

Despite the above, he had plenty of defensive miscues last year. I haven’t even been able to use one of my standard GDT posts when he coughs up the puck. Pelech >>>Pulock.

With all that being said, this team is way better with him than without him. I just hope he’s learned how to hit the side of a barn with his slap shot.
i was referring to palmieri but i can see your point on pulock....hopefully with both of those guys back, they team will get more physical which is where the bread and butter is. i recall trotz saying there is no guarantee palmieri would be in lineup regularly when it was thought he would be back sooner than now. the good thing about him is that he works really hard, isn't afraid to run players into the boards and has a very high hockey IQ. given the current flavor of the season, i think the team should get a spark from both player's returning

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
He’s scheduled to come back just in time for the draft party. :rolleyes:
I think he had a set back most likely, and they either told him to make sure he didn't tweak something else trying to rush back again. It's rare for Western Canadian kids to slack when they are not hurt. I just want Pelech and Pulock back as the #1 shut down pairing again.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
I think he had a set back most likely, and they either told him to make sure he didn't tweak something else trying to rush back again. It's rare for Western Canadian kids to slack when they are not hurt. I just want Pelech and Pulock back as the #1 shut down pairing again.
Frustrating for fans to guage anything without even knowing what the injury is

Lower body injury can mean a sprained toe or a broken foot.

Reactions: duster19

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad