Injury Report: Pulock out 4-6 Weeks LBI

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Somehow chara has the best +/- on the team last 2 months. My eyes tell me something different
I think Barry Trotz refers to this as flesh and blood hockey. Many thought Komarov was not useful either, except we seemed to be harder to play against, and less goals were scored when he was on the ice against us. Funny how that works. Sometimes people are too focused on a player's weaknesses and they forget about the good things a player brings to the team. That's the only explanation I have.

Reactions: Seph and MJF

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
I think Barry Trotz refers to this as flesh and blood hockey. Many thought Komarov was not useful either, except we seemed to be harder to play against, and less goals were scored when he was on the ice against us. Funny how that works. Sometimes people are too focused on a player's weaknesses and they forget about the good things a player brings to the team. That's the only explanation I have.
clever observation. that's how i feel about having wally out there more than he is. not saying put him on top line but the guy is a natural scorer on a team that is desperate for scoring

isles55

Mar 7, 2015
If Komarov were still on the roster, all that would mean is less ice time for Czarnik and Bellows—players who are far more offensively productive than Komarov would have been.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Taxi squad more likely. But him being waivers exempt makes him the obvious choice here.

maybe. I would think they would want him to play then sit on the taxi squad. Maybe move him back and forth a bit. It’s hard to get him on the roster without an injury or exposing someone to waivers. Only other waiver exempt players would be Wally or Dobber. So could put Wally on taxi squad and play Salo but restricts line up in other ways.

Reactions: MJF

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
maybe. I would think they would want him to play then sit on the taxi squad. Maybe move him back and forth a bit. It’s hard to get him on the roster without an injury or exposing someone to waivers. Only other waiver exempt players would be Wally or Dobber. So could put Wally on taxi squad and play Salo but restricts line up in other ways.
Lou’s going to have to risk losing Aho to send him down or trade him. I doubt anyone claims him but you never know. Anyway, I would like to have Salo on the taxi squad when we go out west next week.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
He's been pretty disappointing this season. He needs to bounce back. I think he may be more suited as the top dog on the #2 pairing next season with Dobson ascending to the top pairing with Pelech. I think we know who the best D man on the Isles is, if this was not evident when Pelech went down in the First COVID year, it is now. Pelech has continued to play well without Pulock, can't say the same for Ryan. Maybe he should be paired with Salo. Pulock looks more comfortable as a stay at home D man with occasional offence rather than being miscast as an offensive D man.

Reactions: The Real JT

isles55

Mar 7, 2015
Still a great defenseman that any team would love to have, especially at his cap hit. Disagree that he’s playing poorly, just suffering from a bad PDO. But I do think we should put Dobson with Pelech and get a Pulock a decent partner(preferably one that can skate).

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Still a great defenseman that any team would love to have, especially at his cap hit. Disagree that he’s playing poorly, just suffering from a bad PDO. But I do think we should put Dobson with Pelech and get a Pulock a decent partner(preferably one that can skate).
Yeah, I think his new upcoming contract is part of the reason why he is under a larger microscope. Unfair or not, players are usually judged to what they make. He will be the highest paid defender on the team, and truth is, he is not the best D man on the Isles. He may not even be #2 for long if Dobson has his way.

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
I don't get why we broke up the PP pairing to accommodate fringe players?
It was a clear strength.

RWWallpaper

Mar 9, 2006
He has not been very good since coming back from injury but I’m not worried about him at all… He will round into shape

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Still a great defenseman that any team would love to have, especially at his cap hit. Disagree that he’s playing poorly, just suffering from a bad PDO. But I do think we should put Dobson with Pelech and get a Pulock a decent partner(

preferably one that can skate).

Leddy can skate like Oksana Baiul.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad