Pulled Goalie Statistics

member 298589

Anyone know of a resource which shows, in recent history, the chance of success (for the trailing team of course) that comes with a goalie being pulled in the final < 3 minutes? It must show an advantage versus sustained 5v5 pressure the trailing team usually has?

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Ive always found that while pulling your goalie does increase your chances to tie the game it still isn't very successful. With 6 skaters against 5 there really isn't a lot of room. When is does work its usually not a finesse play.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Ive always found that while pulling your goalie does increase your chances to tie the game it still isn't very successful. With 6 skaters against 5 there really isn't a lot of room. When is does work its usually not a finesse play.

The NHL should hire Patrick Roy to teach every team to be lethal 6-on-5 over the summer :laugh:

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I always thought it’s a 6% chance you tie the game under that circumstance. I know in the old old five on five format of ties and the 5 minute OT there was a noticeable edge to the team who gave up the tying goal actually winning the game in OT for whatever reason. I don’t think that’s the case anymore with the 3 on 3 and the shootout.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad