Proposal: Puljujarvi to St Louis for ?

St Louis515

Nov 18, 2018
With Tarasenko up in the air for next year and St Louis going to be tight on the cap, what would it take from St Louis to trade for Puljujarvi from the Oilers ? They need a 3rd line center, maybe Bozak plus Allen ?? And no we are not trading you Robert Thomas straight up.
Puljujarvi needs a change of scenery, maybe Berube could get him going.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
If you want to offer 10mil in cap to a team already tight to the cap you also need to offer ways to make it work.

This doesn't work at all.

Reactions: Markham30

teemussalami

Mar 10, 2016
Well this sure helps St. Louis doesn't it?

How does EDM even afford this? Have you looked at their cap situation?

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
This is an impressively terrible offer and speculation.

Signs are pointing to Puljujarvi rejoining the Oilers, funny how that somehow equals he needs a change of scenery.

Oh yeah maybe the Oilers would like to take two cap dumps from the Blues doesn't that sound fun?

Counter offer Neal for Parayko because Tarasenko's status is up in the air and the Blues need a winger to replace him. :naughty:

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
If you want to offer 10mil in cap to a team already tight to the cap you also need to offer ways to make it work.

This doesn't work at all.

I read it as Tarasenko on LTIR and Puljujarvi as insurance in case he’s not ready to play. Puljujarvi is an unsigned RFA. They could wait till seasons start to get him signed.

Allen with retention could be a valuable add. No interested in Bozak as you said we can’t make the cap work

gr8haluschak

Jul 25, 2004
This ship has sailed, a trade that would have made too much sense was JP for Fabbri, a change of scenery for both, and both teams would have benefitted nicely - Oilers get a skilled winger, Blues get better potential that they do not have to have against the cap and use a roster space on this past season

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
I read it as Tarasenko on LTIR and Puljujarvi as insurance in case he’s not ready to play. Puljujarvi is an unsigned RFA. They could wait till seasons start to get him signed.

Allen with retention could be a valuable add. No interested in Bozak as you said we can’t make the cap work
I'd honestly be more interested in making Bozak work. I think he'd be a good fill for the third line center, but I just don't see the cap working for either one without good retention or a bad contract going back.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
I don’t want the Oilers give up on JP... sounds like both sides are looking to mend fences and move forward. I don’t think he will ever become a first line winger but a good middle 6 winger is not out of the realm of possibility.

I also understand why other teams wouldn’t give up much for him.

I would take Bozak at 50% for a 2021 3rd round pick (we don’t own our 3rd or 4th in 2020).

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016
Didn't JP have a change of scenery when he went to play overseas and worked on his game? This whole proposal is just one sided and really not well thought out. If you have an imaginary cap for the Oilers I'd like the link :dunce:

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I don’t want the Oilers give up on JP... sounds like both sides are looking to mend fences and move forward. I don’t think he will ever become a first line winger but a good middle 6 winger is not out of the realm of possibility.

I also understand why other teams wouldn’t give up much for him.

I would take Bozak at 50% for a 2021 3rd round pick (we don’t own our 3rd or 4th in 2020).
Bozak at 2.5 mil is a second round pick.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I'd honestly be more interested in making Bozak work. I think he'd be a good fill for the third line center, but I just don't see the cap working for either one without good retention or a bad contract going back.

If the blues find another way to solve their cap crunch and could afford to retain on Bozak I’d be interested in him also.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Then look elsewhere.... you wouldn’t get one from me.
Like I said bozak will be traded for full cap or we keep him. We are not in the crazy cap crunch you all think we are with steen and tarasenko injured we got ltir to get us through the storm

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Like I said bozak will be traded for full cap or we keep him. We are not in the crazy cap crunch you all think we are with steen and tarasenko injured we got ltir to get us through the storm

No you didn’t ... you said...

Bozak at 2.5 mil is a second round pick.

... that’s not the same thing.

Anyway, if you were the GM, you’d be keeping him.

Trading Bozak today at $5m is a cap dump and would go something like this...

Bozak ($5m) + 2nd round pick
For
Team X’s AHL contracted player who will never see the NHL.

... only a competing team would be interested in Bozak as he adds depth... not many competing team have the cap space to add a $5m 3rd line center.

torniojaws

Jan 10, 2017
Finland
He signed a 1 year extension with Kärpät 3 weeks ago:

Jesse Puljujärvi jatkaa Kärpissä – tavoite yhä NHL-kaukaloissa: "Halukkuutta siellä olisi"

It does have an NHL clause, permitting him to go if needed. And he says he's had some calls with Holland during summer, and apparently the Oilers would be interested to have him back (according to Pulju).

And he has rejected several big KHL contract offers from Torpedo Nizni Novgorod, citing he will only play in Finland or NHL:

Видеоконференция с Максимом Гафуровым

Last edited:

St Louis515

Nov 18, 2018
Bozak and Allen for Puljujarvi? Is that a joke?
So Puljujarvi -- 139 NHL games /a whole 37 points -- who could no crack a bottom 5 teams line up-- yea for a proven #3 center-- and a better goalie than you have on your roster -- and no sign for sure he will come back to the Oilers --

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
So Puljujarvi -- 139 NHL games /a whole 37 points -- who could no crack a bottom 5 teams line up-- yea for a proven #3 center-- and a better goalie than you have on your roster -- and no sign for sure he will come back to the Oilers --

lots of wrong here.

A report maybe a week ago from Mark Spector said it’s looking like he will return.

It’s not that he couldn’t crack it, he wanted to be on the east coast.

Edmonton was in no way shape or form a bottom five team.

Koskinen is better than Allen and it’s not close.

And the joke is St Louis trying to dump ten million dollars in salary cap mediocrity on us.

Reactions: zar

MCMIL OIL

Oct 19, 2011
Cochrane AB

Man do you even follow hockey at all?
First- Hes 22 years old same age as Kyrou who hasnt exactly killed it in the nhl either, and im sure your not ready to throw him to the wind for 9.5mil dollars of meh.
Second- He chose to leave the NHL would have played with the oilers who finished 12th during the season (Lets just say 15 for good measure) had he not opted out.
Third- Bozak makes 5 mil for the next year and Allen 4.5 mil to which then they are free agents. Taking on 9.5 mil in cap space for one year before you head into a covid free agency is utter lunacy.
Forth- Koskinen is better then Allen and I'll bet you anything if we put a poll up poster would agree.
We get Puljujarvi doesn't have much value but how in the world do you think its not a better choice to keep him and take 9.5mil into free agency vs throw him to the wind for to Mid tier pending UFAs.. like seriously. That's all time bad and I've been on here for 10 years.

Reactions: zar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad