Confirmed with Link: Puljujarvi re-signed - one year -$3mil

HockeyHistorian

Mar 17, 2015
I think he played just fine even the first games. Part of it, I think, is that he has somewhat established himself already. He didn't have to play his heart out this preseason like some of the bubble players. The question with him was if he starts on the third line or top six.

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

Horemheb

Oct 10, 2022
Yamamoto didn't waste any time getting injured. Last season he was incredibly lucky to avoid serious injuries, no change lightning will hit the same tree twice. Pulju will take his place on top 6.

HockeyHistorian

Mar 17, 2015
Yamamoto didn't waste any time getting injured. Last season he was incredibly lucky to avoid serious injuries, no change lightning will hit the same tree twice. Pulju will take his place on top 6.
I too know someone who didn't waste any time. :sarcasm:

“So foolish is the heart of man that he ever puts his hope in the future, learning nothing from his past errors and fancying that tomorrow must be better than today.”

Horemheb

Oct 10, 2022
I too know someone who didn't waste any time. :sarcasm:

“So foolish is the heart of man that he ever puts his hope in the future, learning nothing from his past errors and fancying that tomorrow must be better than today.”
I really don't know what you are talking about, but I've always thought Yamamoto is way overrated by Oil fans. Small man's bubble is about to burst this season, and after that Pulju's value will REALLY be acknowledged by even the fans who are too old-school to understand advanced stats.

Last edited:

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
I really don't know what you are talking about, but I've always thought Yamamoto is way overrated by Oil fans. Small man's bubble is about to burst this season, and after that Pulju's value will REALLY be acknowledged by even the fans who are too old-school to understand advanced stats.
Welcome to the board.
I know I haven’t seen you before. :DD

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Lol Kaptah 2.0

• Haha
Reactions: McAsuno and frag2

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Let's discuss players, not the writers, okay?

giphy.gif

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Sorry but this was just talk about if he had a good game or just one good period. I've said many times PJ had a quiet preseason and in fact I've come several times towards the middle ground, but somehow never having the same from the other side when it comes to a few posters. I'm also curious why you never bring up same remarks to posters having the opposite view with me?

More just an observation than anything. Found it odd you put “you don’t have to agree with EJ” when you only float them as reference material when there are positive reviews but never when it’s negative.

Again just an observation.

Whyme

Nov 3, 2019
More just an observation than anything. Found it odd you put “you don’t have to agree with EJ” when you only float them as reference material when there are positive reviews but never when it’s negative.

If that bothers you maybe you should also write similar observations to people who have a similar negative view towars Puljujarvi. I mean there's been much stronger cases and also isolated negative EJ writings brought up but somehow you never observe those.

I've actually been more modest about my expectations towards Puljujarvi, but I hope he'll be a player you'll like more this year. In fact I believe you would likely be able to say that aloud if it happens so while that may sound bad it's actually meant as a compliment, I just can't put it better than that.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
By looking better this preseason last game than Yamamoto has at all?
You mean the guy that got injured his 2nd pre-season game due to a dirty trip into the boards? Besides that one overtime period and say a period and a half last game, Jesse hasn't quite shown shit. Try a better comparison with someone who has at least played as much in a similar situation...say Holloway.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
He got injured on a dirty trip into the boards...wtf? Any player would have gotten the same result.

Kaptah2 for sure. Try to be less obvious jeebus.

Reactions: bobbythebrain

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
He got injured on a dirty trip into the boards...wtf? Any player would have gotten the same result.

Kaptah2 for sure. Try to be less obvious jeebus.

Accounts been seemingly deleted now lol. No need to bring any more attention to the troll any longer :thumbu:

Reactions: McBooya42

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
You mean the guy that got injured his 2nd pre-season game due to a dirty trip into the boards? Besides that one overtime period and say a period and a half last game, Jesse hasn't quite shown shit. Try a better comparison with someone who has at least played as much in a similar situation...say Holloway.
Not sure why the discussion is going on again in this thread but stating "Other than that and that and that"is kind of making a case that Pulju did give a better account of himself and had more notable plays and scored and hit, and dominated at times. With Pulju the last couple games particularly were solid and he ramped it up at the right time.

I do prefer players with size though and especially when they choose to be using that size. Hockey is an impact sport and a certain amount of physics applies. If skillsets are equal, and they are, in the WC I prefer bigger stronger players.

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022
Given the roster CapFriendly is showing now the Oilers will get within $167 of their maximum LTIR pool if they send Shore and Benson down.

Whyme

Nov 3, 2019

I'll try my luck again as I didn't get a reply and am kind of getting bored to being ignored when I try to reply in a very polite way, but it obviously isn't possible to deny I had a point. I'm absolutely not asking you to change your view, but I hope you realize and admit EJ reference material being used doesn't bother you as long as it's against Puljujarvi. At least I'm not claiming to be impartial and it's actually quite a while since I've mentioned EJ articles.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Yes, this happened.

But Puljujarvi's last period and a half of last game was better than Yamamoto has looked in that spot.

I was responding to a post asking what he has done to deserve it. He has done more this pre-season than Yamamoto has done to deserve it.

Yamamoto getting hurt in pre-season isnt helping his favor or hurting Jesse's.

Jesse not showing shit, still showed more than any other 3rd wheel on that line this pre-season.

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad