Puljujarvi is looking seriously gassed after playing just 14 games this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
I was watching some highlights from the latest Oilers game and was surprised to see how gassed Puljujarvi looked. Just take a look at the goal he scored against Blue Jackets:

McDavid was doing most of the heavy lifting on that play but Puljujarvi looked like he was running on fumes. Most times I've seen Puljujarvi he's been smiling and looking like he's full of energy but here he looked like a completely different player. It was like Puljujarvi had lost his smile. I wouldn't be so worried if this was game 79 for Puljujarvi but he's only played 14 games so far in the NHL this season. Does Puljujarvi have serious problems with his conditioning? Will he be able to hang with McDavid or should he be sent back to the AHL? Or is this just a case of being Finnish, as most Finnish players seem a bit slow and out of shape compared to most Canadians? I'm curious to see what Oilers fans and other's who follow the Pacific division more closely think of him. Does he have a serious problem with his conditioning or is he fit to play in the NHL even if he looked like 1998 Kurri during that play?

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
A Mulletman special.

Pulju has insane cardio and would have broken V02 records at the combine by all accounts had he not just had knee surgery.

Him and McDavid have been awesome together.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Yeah he doesn't look happy (maybe because it's like a 7-2 game) but he's standing up straight and not showing any elevated breathing level. In terms of looking 'gassed' he looks better than I do after a regular shift in beer league.

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
what are u looking for ? We were murdering them, you don't celebrate the 6th goal in a 6-2 game, its just not done. They barely celebrated the next gaol where "gassed" Puljujarvi kept up with Mcdavid and passed to him for the 7th goal

you have an agenda and we aren't interested ok stick ur mullet in someone elses business

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
what are u looking for ? We were murdering them, you don't celebrate the 6th goal in a 6-2 game, its just not done. They barely celebrated the next gaol where "gassed" Puljujarvi kept up with Mcdavid and passed to him for the 7th goal

you have an agenda and we aren't interested ok stick ur mullet in someone elses business

at least the anti oiler threads are getting creative or more desperate depending on your perspectice

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
[mod]

if Pulj had celebrated that goal he would sail at his disrespectful idiot its 6-2 and he's acting like he scored the game winner in the scf

Last edited by a moderator:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
That was like at the end of their shift, that was a strong shift by him.

Neatman

Mar 9, 2011
I love this thread, and if more threads were like it this website would be vastly improved. And no im not being sarcastic.

Brian McDavid

Aug 4, 2017
Oil City Roadhouse

Blatantly obvious. The kid is playing very well, and clearly having a lot of fun.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Mulletman said:
It was like Puljujarvi had lost his smile.

giphy.gif

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Definantly a passenger player, perfect for McDavid. Would like to see the Oilers try a powerplay unit of Draisaitl-McDavid-Puljujarvi for one game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad