Puljujarvi + Chiasson + Petrovic + 3rd

Connolly + Bowey

Basically I don’t want any part of qualifying Burakovsky

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Puljujarvi + Chiasson + Petrovic + 3rd

Connolly + Bowey

Basically I don’t want any part of qualifying Burakovsky
I keep seeing people propose Chiasson back to the Caps, Why?

I mean it’s not like Wsh is giving up much here but I’m not sure why they’d want any of what’s coming back. If the Caps are going to start packaging assets like Bowey and Burakovsky they should aim higher than a package headlined by a BUST and a guy they already let go once. Seriously, trading Bowey and Burakovsky for picks alone is more enticing than this.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
How is that true? It could happen (Burakovsky isn't qualified and becomes a UFA and signs with the Oilers), but so could a number of other scenarios. He could go on a hot streak to finish the regular season, have it carry over to the playoffs and the Caps choosing to qualify him. The Caps could trade him somewhere at the deadline where he succeeds and gets qualified. He could not get qualified by the Caps, but have 29 other cities on his list he'd rather be than Edmonton. Your notion that we can sign him as a UFA is far fetched.

The Capitals have been thru this situation each of the last two off seasons. First with Brett Connolly and then Smith-Pelly. In both cases the Capitals didn't qualify the player and then signed them to a ufa contract.

Capitals fans recognize that if Burakovsky stays, the same thing will happen.

Answer me this. Just how long and how hot would this 6 week hot streak would have to be for your team to justify offering him a 3.5m contract? At this point it would have to start almost immediately and be pretty hot. Don't you think?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad