NHL Pucks With Haggs Podcast: Episode 2 Pierre McGuire

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I always thought the "Pierre hatred" was rather unjustified.

Yeah, he is sort of a weird guy and talks a lot (it was kind of his job), but if you can't appreciate the passion and knowledge he has for the game, I don't know what to tell you.

He's somewhat similar to Jack Edwards, but far less biased and in favor of one team. Jack's bias gets to me, but every time he's on a talk show/podcast where he actually has to talk about the game as a whole, he's perfectly fine to listen to.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I miss seeing Pierre at the Bs games.

My thoughts on him changed because he would always stop by and say hello and talk Bs with me at the games. He was very up to date on the Bs and seemed like a good guy.

I remember a few years ago I heard he had cancer. I asked him how he was when I next saw him, and he took my hand and thanked me for asking. He said he thought all would be fine.

He seemed much better than some of the others who were covering the games. :dunno:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Pucks With Haggs Podcast: Episode 2 Pierre McGuire

Pucks with Haggs host Joe Haggerty and co-host Jimmy Murphy welcome former NHL on NBC analyst and current Ottawa Senators Executive Vice President of Player Development Pierre McGuire on to the podcast to talk player development, the Ottawa Senators and his transition from TV back into hockey management.​

3957F632-C8C5-49FE-95AE-B4253E33A5E7.jpeg

FrankerC

Jun 24, 2016
Lewiston, Maine
I remember going to TD early before a game and seeing Haggs walk past with a grin, guy was probably thinking about a weak hot take he knows is terrible.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I think Pierre was hinting about Giroux coming to Boston, when he mentioned him and Marchand were teammates back in the 2007 super series in Russia where they spent 21 days.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ladyfan

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Listening to Hackerty and Jimmy "Thin Skins" on a podcast? I'd rather walk to Home Depot in tomorrow's blizzard, buy a Philips head screwdriver, and stab myself in the eardrum.

:laugh:

I may listen just to hear how much of a trainwreck it will be. Haggs mentioning about time he said Tim Thomas puked on his skates, Murph spewing about how awful a captain Chara was, Pierre listing off about 47 high schools various players went to.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I remember going to TD early before a game and seeing Haggs walk past with a grin, guy was probably thinking about a weak hot take he knows is terrible.
Either that or he finally decided in his tiny mind that he will get the sprinkles instead of the chocolate glazed on his dozen after the game at Dunkin.

Reactions: TCB

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Either that or he finally decided in his tiny mind that he will get the sprinkles instead of the chocolate glazed on his dozen after the game at Dunkin.

Haggs was lurking on this thread (We know you do, Haggs!). But he won't see my post for a while because right now he's in line at Dunkin for a dozen with chocolate glaze and sprinkles.

Mmmmm, sprinkles.

Reactions: Gee Wally

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad