News Article: Pucks & Pups

MadderBum*

First I want to say a great Thank You to Charlie Jacobs for doing this calender and for being a great human being(we need more of them). The fact that he is a dog lover and ADOPTED his 4 furry family members including a Pit Bull made this grown man cry with joy. His mother must have done a great job with him and as Bruins fans we are VERY lucky he has a more prominent role with the team. As I sit here with my rescued Pit waiting for Monday so I can go pick up his adopted brother a 6 yr old English Bulldog I really can't thank you enough Charlie.
As for the guys I knew Soupey and Looch were huge dog people but it was beautiful to see Thorty, Johnny, Seids and Pies-y with their dogs and Z with the Pit puppy was perfect. I gained infinite respect for these guys on a human being level.
We should make shirts
"(spoked)B kind to animals or Zdeno Chara will come get you"

Doc Emerick during the Rags afternoon game said the dog Looch had got adopted...anyone know about the other dogs that were available???

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE adopt your pet. Buying your pet only supports puppy mills and that is inhumane and wrong. Rescued dogs are the best dogs.
There are no bad breeds just bad people.

And as always BE KIND TO ANIMALS....or I will hunt you down :nod:

Last edited by a moderator:

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
First I want to say a great Thank You to Charlie Jacobs for doing this calender and for being a great human being(we need more of them). The fact that he is a dog lover and ADOPTED his 4 furry family members including a Pit Bull made this grown man cry with joy. His mother must have done a great job with him and as Bruins fans we are VERY lucky he has a more prominent role with the team. As I sit here with my rescued Pit waiting for Monday so I can go pick up his adopted brother a 6 yr old English Bulldog I really can't thank you enough Charlie.
As for the guys I knew Soupey and Looch were huge dog people but it was beautiful to see Thorty, Johnny, Seids and Pies-y with their dogs and Z with the Pit puppy was perfect. I gained infinite respect for these guys on a human being level.
We should make shirts
"(spoked)B kind to animals or Zdeno Chara will come get you"

Doc Emerick during the Rags afternoon game said the dog Looch had got adopted...anyone know about the other dogs that were available???

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE adopt your pet. Buying your pet only supports puppy mills and that is inhumane and wrong. Rescued dogs are the best dogs.
There are no bad breeds just bad people.

And as always BE KIND TO ANIMALS....or I will hunt you down :nod:

Today is the sixth year anniversary of my friends adopting their puppy - we all celebrated at midnight with him -

the puppy Chris Kelly has was adopted the day of the Rags game...

Bi Coastal Bawse*

My sweet girl(who some of you have seen) was a rescue RIP Midnight and our new dog is one too.

Always adopt. Over 4 million dogs are PTS every year. Save a life change a life.

Riiseli

Unregistered User
Dec 21, 2009
So I can't buy this. It's only available on the US NHL shop website and that website won't ship outside the US, of course. :cry:
I think I actually found a shipping option, but that would've cost $25, so no calendar for me.
I agree with adopting, but there certainly are some decent breeders in the States. By number of dogs bred they must be a tiny portion, but they still make responsible choices and treat their dogs very well. And if one needs a herding dog for a farm finding a rescue to perform that task can be a big hassle as even getting a puppy from herding lineage is no guarantee. But never ever buy from a pet store.

I've bought all my dogs and even bred a couple of intentional litters after thorough health testing etc. I would rather like to adopt a dog one day, but such dogs are somewhat scarce around here. My friend has adopted two dogs out of Spain and I've considered adopting a lurcher from Ireland for instance. Finland has about 600 000 dogs (population 5 million) and three quarters of those dogs are pure bred dogs registered with the Kennel Club. Most dogs are even intact and still there are not enough adoptable dogs to go around. Pet stores are not allowed to sell dogs per law.

Last edited:

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
I hate to say that I know this - but - Hypocrittsburgh has a rescue pets calendar too - I went on their Facebook page for comments on the game last night and saw it -

now I need to take a shower....

MadderBum*

If anyone knows any of the guys or has some way of contacting them let them know about David Backes'(greatest human on the planet possibly) new charity Athletes for Animals.
you all should check it out www.athletesforanimals.org

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
Check out

whatsupyasieve.com

they have the photos from the calendar on there - plus some other photos of Chicago players with pit bulls -

Hypocrittsburgh is in there too - cute dogs, not so cute players.

Takes a bit of scrolling to get to the puppies but some of the other stuff is good - good stuff with Matt Bartkowski....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad