Puck goes through hole in net, goal counts in PIT-CBJ

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Bjorkstrand shot a puck that went through a hole in the net and the goal stood because the Penguins used their challenge. Never change NHL. :laugh:

Here's the video:

Are you sure it stood because Pens had already used their challenge? This isn't a challengeable play, this is a refs go upstairs, call Toronto and ask Toronto to tell them if it was a goal or not play. Like kicked in, high stick, net off, buzzer beaters, did it cross the goal line or not and all those other calls.

For the most part there's not been reviews in preseason. Corrado scored a goal that didn't go in, not reviewed, there was another one I can't remember the specifics that Toronto wanted reviewed when the other team scored and they didn't review it because it's the preseason. There was a thread the other day about a goal that should have counted that wasn't.

I was shocked today when Babcock was actually allowed to use his challenge and a no goal was rightfully changed to a goal. First real review I've seen in the preseason.

But Pitt had already used their challenge, so there must have been a review earlier, maybe they allow coaches challenges in preseason(Babcock challenged, apparently Pit did today?), but not normal ref initiated reviews(Corrado goal, This goal, the thread the other day, and the one Babcock wanted reviewed I referenced earlier) in preseason?

ForumNamePending

Mar 31, 2012
I think if you manage to shoot the puck right through the net your team should be rewarded with two goals... So if anything Columbus, not Pittsburgh, was ripped off.

Tweed

Jun 25, 2006
Bjorkstrand shot a puck that went through a hole in the net and the goal stood because the Penguins had already used their challenge. Never change NHL. :laugh:

Here's the video:

Fixed that for you. I just spent the last 10 minutes very confused. Lol.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Finland - USA at 2008 World Championships, Ville Koistinen's shot from the point went through the net and it was accepted. Tortorella was mad :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad