Puck goes through hole in net, goal counts in PIT-CBJ

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
Bjorkstrand shot a puck that went through a hole in the net and the goal stood because the Penguins used their challenge. Never change NHL. :laugh:

Here's the video:

Last edited:

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Since when hasn't there been?

I know everyone says ''Preseason heh heh heh.'' But these games matter for guys trying to win jobs.

I don't think this goal will have any impact on that. The more concerning thing is that it should have been an easy review and overturn. Regardless of any challenge made, or other contributing factors, the puck goes through the net. It shouldn't count. Period.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out

I know everyone says ''Preseason heh heh heh.'' But these games matter for guys trying to win jobs.

In the regular season the NHL verifies every goal from their office in Toronto. They do not do this in preseason. Ever. Never have.

I have never heard of a guy losing out on a job in the NHL because of a non goal in the preseason.

"Sorry journyman AHLer, I would have loved to have given you a shot at the bigs, but the other team scored from behind the net by shooting it through the net. This is on you."

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012

Earlier this year when the Canucks didn't get a goal despite it clearly being in the net? Or earlier this week when the refs had to have a conference to waive off a hand goal by the Jets rather than using video review?

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
Earlier this year when the Canucks didn't get a goal despite it clearly being in the net? Or earlier this week when the refs had to have a conference to waive off a hand goal by the Jets rather than using video review?

Then why do coaches have challenges in the preseason then?

monsieurthibz

Oct 8, 2016
Montreal
Rumour has it that Bjorkstrand spotted the hole earlier in the game, and was looking to bank that shot at some point.. Kid's good, folks! :laugh:

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
I'd give him the goal just because he shot through that small area with pinpoint accuracy. Normal goals are scored in a an area 6ft x 4ft, and this hole was what, a couple inches x a couple inches?

Generational play right there

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad