Puck Drop Preview: Washington Capitals

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Do you know much about the Capitals? Tom Wilson won't be on LW. Johansson won't be on RW. Malone won't be on the team. What did you do with Winnek? The 3rd line?

Caps Circle

Jan 19, 2015
Chantilly, VA
Do you know much about the Capitals? Tom Wilson won't be on LW. Johansson won't be on RW. Malone won't be on the team. What did you do with Winnek? The 3rd line?

To be fair, for an outsider, that wasn't a bad guess. Of course, little research would have pointed him to a more accurate lineup. If Winnik starts the season on the 3rd line, I'll kill myself.

I do think that it's kind of lazy to have Eller as both a player to watch and one on the rise. There are also much better options for players on the rise, with Kuznetsov, Burakovsky, etc. Orlov is another player who will be interesting to watch. And if OV rises any more, he'll end up in heaven. For players on the decline, how you overlooked Orpik, I have no idea.

I do like your final prediction though :handclap:

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I could see Johansson on the RW if Sanford makes the team as a LW. MoJo has played RW before. Or perhaps during some mid-season line juggling. I wouldn't project it as a likely outcome, however.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
To be fair, for an outsider, that wasn't a bad guess. Of course, little research would have pointed him to a more accurate lineup. If Winnik starts the season on the 3rd line, I'll kill myself.

I do think that it's kind of lazy to have Eller as both a player to watch and one on the rise. There are also much better options for players on the rise, with Kuznetsov, Burakovsky, etc. Orlov is another player who will be interesting to watch. And if OV rises any more, he'll end up in heaven. For players on the decline, how you overlooked Orpik, I have no idea.

I do like your final prediction though :handclap:

That happened already last season.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I could see Johansson on the RW if Sanford makes the team as a LW. MoJo has played RW before. Or perhaps during some mid-season line juggling. I wouldn't project it as a likely outcome, however.

We have less depth at LW than RW, especially if MJ switches over to RW.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Noticed this gem from the opening paragraph.

"Today, the series continues with the 2016-17 St. Louis Blues."

Real quality article you got there. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad