Puck Drop Preview: 2018-19 Calgary Flames

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Welcome to Puck Drop Preview 2018-19, where Last Word On Hockey gives you a detailed look at each team from around the NHL leading to the start of this hockey season and offers our insight and analysis. Make sure to stick around until the end of the series, where we’ll offer our full predictions for the standings in each division, and eventually our 2018-19 Stanley Cup pick. You can check out all our articles on our Puck Drop Page. Today the series continues with the 2018-19 Calgary Flames.

Puck Drop Preview: 2018-19 Calgary Flames - Last Word on Hockey

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Pretty good. I would nitpick the following:

- Lazar doesn't really have the capability of moving up the lineup as suggested, especially compared to the other two.
- Calling Hanifin-Hamonic a top pairing on some teams is more than a bit optimistic. Hamonic is a middle pairing guy, and Hanifin hasn't even fully solidified as a top four guy just yet.
- Stone was not awful last year. At all. He was asked to help stabilize the third pairing, and as a result we had our best third pairing in years. If he's moved it's because our youngsters push him out. Otherwise I suspect we are content to keep him as the #5 that we know from experience can slide into the top 4 in case of injury.

Reactions: SaintMorose

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Pretty good. I would nitpick the following:

- Lazar doesn't really have the capability of moving up the lineup as suggested, especially compared to the other two.
- Calling Hanifin-Hamonic a top pairing on some teams is more than a bit optimistic. Hamonic is a middle pairing guy, and Hanifin hasn't even fully solidified as a top four guy just yet.
- Stone was not awful last year. At all. He was asked to help stabilize the third pairing, and as a result we had our best third pairing in years. If he's moved it's because our youngsters push him out. Otherwise I suspect we are content to keep him as the #5 that we know from experience can slide into the top 4 in case of injury.
That makes you the last word now.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
That makes you the last word now.

2gt5ov.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad