Puck Drop Preview: 2014-15 Philadelphia Flyers

peedicrakk

Apr 13, 2014
ARDMORE, PA
Rangers homer bashing the Flyers? Shocking. His evaluation of Mason is laughable and is basically "now that he got paid he's going to suck again plus the defense is bad." The defense was bad last year and Mason was well above average even if the stats didn't necessarily reflect it. In fact, I'm of the opinion that the Flyers would have won that series last year if Mason played from game one.

Edit: Labeling him a Rangers homer due to every other article of his being about the Rangers.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Jesus Christ dude, could you be any more blatant with the bias?

Noticeable errors:

1. Giroux hurt his hand (his right index finger more specifically), not his wrist.

2. Mason was very good all year. He had a brief lapse immediately after the signing, but IIRC, it was only for a handful of starts.

3. MacDonald was signed right away in order to avoid letting him get to UFA this summer. Would you have preferred them to wait it out to try match an open market deal?

4. Not sure why Homer's promotion was in quotes. He was in fact promoted since he's now the GM's boss.

5. Nice jab at Emery. Lots of professionalism there.

6. Your lineup, for the forwards especially, looks atrocious. Rosehill will not be an everyday player. He wasn't last year. Schenn will probably be the wing with Giroux and Voracek, not Umberger. Lecavalier will not start on the fourth line this season. That's just silly. He'll be a middle six center.

7. It's Shayne Gostisbehere, not Shane. How hard is that to punch into google?

You could have spent an hour around this board and come up with a better article. Some of the lineup stuff is speculation, so I forgive that, but the rest is just you being lazy and not looking things up.

Last edited:

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
What is the point of posting this on the Flyers board? It is nearly equal to just linking a Flyers hatethread from a divisional rival's board. Was that thing meant to be at least half-professional? Because if it was, there is hardly anything more unnecessary than the crossed out story about Emery (which in fact just makes the jab even more visible, which again points to the half assed proffesionalism of the writer).

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
TL;DR summary:

Mason will suck again because the Flyers defense sucks. Jay Rosehill will beat out PEB (who is not mentioned in the thread), Laughton, White (who is also not mentioned in the thread) for a spot in the starting lineup. The Flyers are stupid and everyone is overpaid. Ray Emery assaulted a child in a game back in October. Craig Berube's line combos are going to include RJ Umberger on the first line, VL on the fourth line. Mason is overpaid.

Did I miss anything?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Fan favorite Scott Hartnell was traded for R.J. Umberger, mostly because Umberger’s contract ends a year earlier than Hartnell’s.

Zac Rinaldo – Vincent LeCavalier – Jay Rosehill

Mason will most likely return to the Steve Mason that has a career .903 save percentage

I found three inaccurate statements in just a couple of minutes. :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers
He (Schenn) and Couturier both have two years left on their entry level deals and with the Flyers tight cap situation, they both might be fighting to stay on the team.

It's just pathetic...

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I'm not going to click it, and encourage everyone to do the same.

That Schenn/Couturier quote is so lol.

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
TL;DR summary:

Mason will suck again because the Flyers defense sucks. Jay Rosehill will beat out PEB (who is not mentioned in the thread), Laughton, White (who is also not mentioned in the thread) for a spot in the starting lineup. The Flyers are stupid and everyone is overpaid. Ray Emery assaulted a child in a game back in October. Craig Berube's line combos are going to include RJ Umberger on the first line, VL on the fourth line. Mason is overpaid.

Did I miss anything?

Well.. there is a very real chance of that part happening.

kyuss

Wings make our ding-dings sing.
May 28, 2012
Couturier is one of the least likely players on the team that would be moved

What the article stated was really clumsy. Hextall could have a problem that year if he wants to keep Voracek, Coburn, L. Schenn, and Grossmann, but the author didn't mention the actual UFA's. He made it sound like Couts and B. Schenn will be UFA's. Voracek is the only one I'm worried about losing or overpaying.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
Well.. there is a very real chance of that part happening.

The first one, yeah there is a chance. Vinny on the 4th line? I doubt you'll see anymore of that. I remember Hextall in a video clip this summer saying Vinny is not a 4th line player and won't be played as one. He's demanding a lot more from him this upcoming season. I mean, if he really stinks up the joint for an extended period of time, they might not have much of a choice, but I bet they'll exhaust every other option before they do that again.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $275.00