Puck Drop Preview: 2014-15 Minnesota Wild

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Despite playing 67 and 65 games respectively, Parise (29 goals, 56 points) and Mikko Koivu (11 goals, 43 points) rounded out the top three.

Koivu scored 54 points, not 43. ;)

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Your lineups are definitely off. Granlund and Pominville are connected at the hip. Its up in the air who will play the LW on what line, but Granlund and Pommer will be together.

Zucker will be in the AHL over the 4th line.
My prediction is that Zucker has a very strong camp and ends up on the 3rd line with Haula and Nino. Maybe that is more hope than anything, but the counter-attack ability on that "checking" line could make them the most valuable out of all of the third lines.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
My prediction is that Zucker has a very strong camp and ends up on the 3rd line with Haula and Nino. Maybe that is more hope than anything, but the counter-attack ability on that "checking" line could make them the most valuable out of all of the third lines.

I still hold out hope Yeo gets creative and gives the below a chance during practice/preseason. But pairing that, I think Zucker ends up on the 3rd line.

Vanek-Granlund-Pomminville
Parise-Koivu-Zucker
Nino-Haula-Coyle

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
I still hold out hope Yeo gets creative and gives the below a chance during practice/preseason. But pairing that, I think Zucker ends up on the 3rd line.

Parise-Koivu-Zucker
Nino-Haula-Coyle

That would be interesting to at least try, for sure.

While we're playing around with it, I would be curious to see:

Parise-Haula-Zucker
Nino-Koivu-Coyle

And this is not to have any line a 1, 2, or 3, but to spread out the abilities and match them up to like ability. Any one of those could represent a top line, with a slight nod to the Granlund line.

We also know Yeo likes to maintain a certain amount of defensive responsibility and this would accomplish that.

And that Haula line would be fast as hell!

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
That would be interesting to at least try, for sure.

While we're playing around with it, I would be curious to see:

Parise-Haula-Zucker
Nino-Koivu-Coyle

And this is not to have any line a 1, 2, or 3, but to spread out the abilities and match them up to like ability. Any one of those could represent a top line, with a slight nod to the Granlund line.

We also know Yeo likes to maintain a certain amount of defensive responsibility and this would accomplish that.

And that Haula line would be fast as hell!

In a Vacum, that would be interesting to see. I can't see Yeo going that far though. Average Fans and Media will always count the lines 1,2,3. In that configuration, just lead to a lot of unnecessary drama about either Koivu or Parise being "demoted" to the third line.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

Parise-Koivu-Zucker
Nino-Haula-Coyle

While it makes sense offensively, I can't see Yeo just granting Zucker third line status. Haula had to earn it, and he was an excellent two way player. No way he gives a defensively suspect AHL player third line stats out of the gate. Yeo knows what he has with Cooke, who isn't a bad option at all, as opposed to Zucker.

Zucker has to stay ready in case of injury. THAT'S when he' ll get his chance to play up.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
While it makes sense offensively, I can't see Yeo just granting Zucker third line status. Haula had to earn it, and he was an excellent two way player. No way he gives a defensively suspect AHL player third line stats out of the gate. Yeo knows what he has with Cooke, who isn't a bad option at all, as opposed to Zucker.

Zucker has to stay ready in case of injury. THAT'S when he' ll get his chance to play up.

No one in the history of the interwebs has said just give the NHL job to Zucker. He's got to earn it, and he can earn it by a strong training camp. I personally think he will.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Article was quite bad. Lineups were random, no comments from Yeo/Russo which gave indications to the upcoming stuff was used (or at least that's how it feels) and overall the interesting overvaluation of the top3 continues so that Wild has absolutely no chance for those top 3 positions, and the pacific is significantly weaker.

0/5, didn't taste like salami.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad