Puck Daddy Article (Bozak)

Ho Borvat

Sep 29, 2009
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/puck-daddy-power-rankings-144347220.html

"Blah blah blah Bozak sucks and Kessel made him look good" or whatever

Was it a little harsh to say that Bozak isn't even a 3rd line center (aka is a 4th liner or bounced down to the AHL)? I would've slotted him as a 3rd liner, fill in 2nd liner if there were injuries.

This is the quote from the article.
His numbers away from Kessel — few of them though there may be — imply he might not even be a third-line center. Which is amazing, if you think about it.

He basically spent his career glued to Kessel.. and the limited time he spent not with Kessel he was very unproductive.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Bozak's WOWY numbers are horrible. The Leafs need to trade him ASAP because with inferior linemates, it's gonna be PAINFUL watching him regress hard.

Sadly, if I can already come to that conclusion without blinking an eye, GM's around the league would probably come to that conclusion even faster.

Evil Janney

Jul 12, 2004
I will bet you guys $100 that in the upcoming season someone will have a thread titled, "Is Bozak better than Crosby??"

The Thin White Duke

Aug 11, 2009
I will bet you guys $100 that in the upcoming season someone will have a thread titled, "Is Bozak better than Crosby??"

Because if there's one thing Leafs fans all love, its Tyler Bozak. Cant get enough Bozak in Toronto really. Not sure why he hasn't been made captain yet.

AINEC*

AINEC
Jul 4, 2011
Bozak has been doing nothing but taking really long showers and crying since the departure of his golden ticket.

NightmanCometh

Feb 11, 2014
Minnesota
God I cannot stand Ryan Lambert. This is actually pretty good by his standards... he's got to be one of the worst hockey writers out there.

nightfighter

Aug 31, 2008
Well Mcdavid thinks he is most similar to bozak in play style so he must be generational.

The Thin White Duke

Aug 11, 2009
Bozak has been doing nothing but taking really long showers and crying since the departure of his golden ticket.

He's either looking for a new place or trying to figure out how to commute to Toronto from under Phil's stairs at his new place in Pittsburgh.

snizzbone*

I actually think Bozak will prove a lot of people wrong this year, with or without the Leafs. Not that he's a #1 but that he isn't horrible.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
I just don't see Bozak doing that well. I mean, he has NEVER broken 50 points, and that's with Kessel and JVR to leech off of. Even 13-14 when he was on pace to have a great year, it's covered up by an ungodly shooting % of 21.1%. In no way is that sustainable. Hell, even a 14.9% shooting % he had last year when he broke 20G for the first time is unsustainable too. Even if he is extremely selective, which he is, those kinds of numbers aren't sustainable. Plus, without Kessel to generate offense, he can't be as selective anymore. The league average is 9%, so he would normalize to 14 goals, which would make him a 40 point player on the nose. And that's just with everything from last year being equal, like still playing with JVR and Kessel and getting top line minutes and top PP minutes. Problem is, he is completely incapable of driving possession or driving the offense. He just can't.

Look at Bozak and Kessel's WOWY numbers.

Kessel+Bozak_WOWY2.png

Kessel+Bozak_WOWY_GF20.png

Literally one outlier in the entire pile. When Bozak is separated from Kessel, he goes to complete ****.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
No GMs are fooled by players like Bozak anymore. That's why he's still a Leaf, despite teams needing centers.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Bozak owes his NHL career to Lessel - he's simply not a top six player. He's a terrible possession player with stone hands.

Giving him his current fat and long term contract is one of Nonis' most overlooked terrible moves

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad