[PS3] Very Realistic GM Connected League - Sign Up *LEAGUE FULL, RESERVES ONLY*

AlexanderTheGood

NHL-13-PS3-Dustin-Brown.png

GM Rules:

• For Committed Players Only (Inactive GM's Will Be Removed and Replaced)
  • Team Sign Ups Are First-Come First-Serve (Minimum 100 posts on HF, or 6 Months Registered)
  • Default Rosters Will Be Used
  • Seasons Will Be One Month in Duration
  • Trades Cannot Begin Until There are 30 GMs (A New Thread Will Be Created)
  • Approval for Trades Requires the Agreement of Five Other GMs (Plus Commissioner)

Game Rules:

• 7 Minute Periods
  • Authentic Post-Whistle Rules Will Be in Effect
  • Difficulty Will Be Set at Superstar
  • No Co-Ops Allowed
  • Games Can Be Coached, Played, or Simulated
  • Multiple DNFs Will Be Taken With the Upmost Seriousness
  • Complaints, and False Complaints, Will Both Be Considered With Equal Seriousness

*The Bold Proposal*:

I'm thinking of having this league run by a dictatorial approach. Having a cadre of five or more well-knowledged GM's that run the league according to a CURRENTLY undefined 'realistic factor'--vis-a-vis, that "core" or "elite" players like Sidney Crosby, Jonathan Toews, Duncan Keith, Shea Weber, Henrik Zetterberg, Jordan Eberle, etc. cannot be moved unless there are immediate circumstances that allow for it--more on that just below. Players like Mike Richards, Patrick Kane, Evengeni Malkin, David Perron, Patrice Bergeron, Brian Gionta, David Backes, Jay Bouwmeester, etc., all these and other players are open to trade. Only a very restricted group will not be open, unless that is, there is immediate extenuating circumstances either in reality (lack of performance / discontent with team) or in-game (lack of performance/ significant regression).

The only necessity for membership in the group would be adhering to a very basic understanding of NHL hockey as it progresses in reality. Based perhaps on regularly contributed restricted lists of some kind that could exceed no more players than a certain arbitrary amount--like ten. The small lists would be exposed publicly, and open to constant scrutiny. Anyone not on the list is virtually eligible for any trade of any kind. If needed, elections can be conducted to change members of the group, including all GMs and the commissioner, himself. This would prevent members of the all-powerful cadre from unfairly protecting their assets while freeing others. Of course, we could always have the lists submitted voluntarily, absent of all players being publicly sought after or of all players on one's own team.

By running the league authoritatively--or, by higher-standards, applying an even more democratic UN-style approach--we make it slightly less democratic, but also far more efficient, and infinitely more realistic. We remove the cumbersome approach of confirmations and rejections, and so on and so forth. And we also remove trades that counter the rationalistic approach to fantasy hockey. We remove arbitrary trade-caps and put an end to silly roster-freezes used to counter excessive and wildly artificial trades. And we remove the trades that make us question whether the league was created via a fantasy draft.

Hockey has its union and its cadre of owners, I say "let us establish our own super-union that attempts to make the most realistic online Be a GM Connected game yet, and for many years forward!" Again, this will not mean that trades are constantly restricted, quite the opposite. Only in the most extremely unrealistic instances will a trade-bloc be used. 99% of the league will still be open to trade. The league will merely be run in a more organized, and frankly representative and realistic manner. If people agree with this notion, please speak up. Those who disagree feel free to express themselves. I believe there are many others out there who would like to make the most vaguely realistic Be a GM possible. If enough agree to this idea, I will rename the thread "[PS3] Very Realistic GM Connected League, and I will be taking applications for membership into this all-powerful group.

Last edited:

AlexanderTheGood

Please Respond By Selecting the Following:

1) Your Team of Choice; 2) Your PSN-ID; 3) Your Location (City and Country, Please).

[I will send my PSN-ID following 30 players signing-up, players who signed up will have one week to add me to their list of friends before being declared inactive and being removed from the league. Thanks in advance for your cooperation, and lets have fun!]

WESTERN CONFERENCE

DIVISION A / THE GRETZKY DIVISION:

:ducks

PSN: ARahman92

:flames

PSN: OJSnapper13

:avs

PSN: mestarikameli

:edmonton

PSN: FRANKNOBERT

:kings

PSN: KillaPhr33dom
City: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

:coyotes

PSN: alex1sports

:sharks

PSN: SchwarzeNathan

:nucks

PSN: hustla108

DIVISION B / THE HOWE DIVISION:

:hawks

PSN: epinephrine7

:cbj

PSN: Xx_Bossi_xX

:stars

PSN: imma_gonna_win
Queens, New York, United States of America

:wings

PSN: canucksumit94

:wild

PSN: MODPoker

:nashville

PSN: chelischilibar

:blues

PSN: kiksTYO_

:jets

PSN: spennymetcalfe

Last edited:

AlexanderTheGood

EASTERN CONFERENCE

DIVISION C / THE ORR DIVISION:

:bruins

PSN: TBA

:sabres

PSN: Creenuk

:panthers

PSN: MintyFresh14
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada

:habs

PSN: Crimson-Skorpion

:sens

PSN: Iachoku

:bolts

PSN: Food-Eater765

:leafs

PSN: thrasher91

DIVISION D / THE LEMIEUX DIVISION:

:canes

PSN: Rublic13
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

:devils

PSN: maxonjt

:isles

PSN: oiler1994

:rangers

PSN: BrownLoafers

:flyers

PSN: chooch101
City: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

:pens

PSN: x7kill2kill

:caps

Psn: s13gt2871r

Last edited:

MATTNOEL91

Sep 23, 2011
ill take toronto,
PSN= Thethrasher91

nvm im out, dont have the post numbers

Last edited:

Kershaw

:rangers

PSN: BrownLoafers

Last edited by a moderator:

canucks108

Oct 27, 2011
CONFERENCE A / THE GRETZKY DIVISION:

:ducks

[UNCLAIMED]

:flames

[UNCLAIMED]

:avs

[UNCLAIMED]

:edmonton

PSN: FRANKNOBERT

:kings

[UNCLAIMED]

:coyotes

[UNCLAIMED]

:sharks

[UNCLAIMED]

:nucks

[UNCLAIMED]

Dont know if i fit the requirements, but will be active! If approved I will take the Canucks PSN: hustla108

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011

Please Respond By Selecting the Following:

1) Your Team of Choice; 2) Your PSN-ID; 3) Your Location (City and Country, Please).

[I will send my PSN-ID following 30 players signing-up, players who signed up will have one week to add me to their list of friends before being declared inactive and being removed from the league. Thanks in advance for your cooperation, and lets have fun!]

1) Winnipeg 2) Xx_Bossi_xX 3) Boston, MA, USA

Last edited:

canucks108

Oct 27, 2011
The only thing that may need to be looked at is the 10 minute periods, as it may be too long for some. However we could try it out and see how we adapt.

No problems with the other rules.

Same here, all rules seem fine, but the period length seems a bit long

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad