GDT: PS Game 7: Canes at CBJ 10/1 7pm

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
I thought Dano and Wennberg were definitely the best players on the ice tonight. Dano drew those two penalties and had two goals, not being given any PP time either, he's creating all his own chances at even strength. Wennberg is backchecking very hard, using his speed to negate any rushes through the neutral zone. Sure, he's struggling at faceoffs now, but that should be expected. I feel like Wennberg could be used very effectively in a third line wing role this season.

Prout obviously struggled. He does best when he simplifies game and he was trying a little too hard tonight.

Hjalmarsson started out quick and scrappy and then got invisible.

Chaput looking great. He did all you could ask from a 4th line center, and I don't think that's his ceiling at all.

Most of the veterans were pretty much invisible. I think they're all playing it safe.

8 Preseason games is 2-3 too many. How did Carolina have that lineup this late in camp?

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
What's impressive about Wennberg to me is that he's impacting games even though he's not scoring goals. I'd still prefer him to play in Springy awhile because of the transition to NA hockey, but I could certainly see his making the team as being a positive. If he can manage to contribute in this way now, once he also settles into a goal-scoring role, he's gonna be such a weapon.

Agree with Lee, good team problems

puckfan64

May 4, 2007
C-bus
Haven't listened to any of the game feeds, so maybe it's already being done (or maybe it's already been discussed), but IF Dano makes the team, will we hear this from any of the broadcast team when he scores a goal?

"Book him, Dano!"

Milltec

Aug 18, 2011
Columbus
Haven't listened to any of the game feeds, so maybe it's already being done (or maybe it's already been discussed), but IF Dano makes the team, will we hear this from any of the broadcast team when he scores a goal?

"Book him, Dano!"

McElligott said the stadium announcer should yell out "Columbus goal scored by number fifty six, MARKO..." and the crowd yells out "DANO" similar to marco polo. I thought that was clever.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Probably not, but I like it.

And if he plays, he will score. He is electric.

puckfan64

May 4, 2007
C-bus
McElligott said the stadium announcer should yell out "Columbus goal scored by number fifty six, MARKO..." and the crowd yells out "DANO" similar to marco polo. I thought that was clever.

I can absolutely see this catching on in the arena!

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
I'd prefer if Wennberg started in the AHL, for his sakes so he can develop his game in the lower-pressure environment and acclimate to North American hockey. But he's definitely good enough for NHL hockey, at least in the sense that he doesn't hurt the team defensively, faceoffs aside.

I don't agree that Wennberg is being passive. I prefer to think that he's just a smooth skater (which obscures his hustle), and that he controls the pace of the game, sometimes slowing it down.

He certainly looked smooth and not too passive pulling the puck off the far side boards vs. a couple Hurricanes, coming across ice through a couple other Canes and teeing up Dano for the one timer.

4-14 for Faceoffs isn't good, but not sure something to be too concerned about.

Dano looked good. Although his goals were a tee shot and open net.

Last edited:

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Dano hit an open net with a back hand flip from 3/4 of the way down the ice. Not just a poke shot EN.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
My buddies first name is Dano. Can't wait for him to be a regular so he can get the sweater. Would be like he has his own CBJ sweater. :)

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
Rob Mixer @ RobMixer
#CBJ 's sixth win of the preseason
equals a franchise record.

With this all sincerely
congratulate !!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad