GDT: PS Game #5| FLYERS at New Jersey |Sun., Sep. 28, 2014| 7:00 p.m. ET

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Just sounds like the game where the Flyers throw a bunch of kids to the wolves and hope nobody gets hurt. Sunday night games are weird, pre-season or not.

It sounds silly, but some of these guys were probably watching football and still would rather be doing that.

HighOFFHockey

Co-Founder of The Flyers Nitty Gritty
Aug 24, 2008
Philadelphia
flyersnittygritty.com
Just sounds like the game where the Flyers throw a bunch of kids to the wolves and hope nobody gets hurt. Sunday night games are weird, pre-season or not.

It sounds silly, but some of these guys were probably watching football and still would rather be doing that.

Yeah that's non-sense. No excuse to get outplayed like this. There will be a lots of yelling going into the 3rd.

Richi

Oct 20, 2013
AMac and Viny both -5? Who figured...:help:

:laugh:

Edit: wrong column... I´m tired... Going to bed...

hockeyfanOU812

do you feel in charge?
Mar 27, 2014
I can't find a stream...what's with all the penalties?

Sloppy play? Or refpucking against Philly?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah that's non-sense. No excuse to get outplayed like this. There will be a lots of yelling going into the 3rd.

I think it's a real thing, because Sunday games get weird sometimes. Just in general. Think about it, how often do you feel like exerting energy on a Sunday night? You're also sending some of these guys against veteran players on the Devils.

There's also the part where some of the guys sent up there aren't very good to begin with.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
I can't find a stream...what's with all the penalties?

Sloppy play? Or refpucking against Philly?

Without a video feed, it is tough for anyone here to reply. External comments from those in the arena indicate a team took advantage of the penalties and applied necessary pressure to create the penalties. The lineups are different than the last time the teams met.

Radio:
Saunders "This could be be 6-0 if not for Robb Zepp."
Coates "It could be more than that."

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
I have the DVR set to record tomorrow's game on the NHL channel. But that sucks - nothing tonight...

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
^ NHL.com seems to make errors during games and then correct later. It happened last year. Leier scored, radio call and writers' Twitter comments.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Nothing to take away from this game except that it's good to have Zepp in the organization.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad