GDT: PS Game 2: Columbus vs. St. Louis | 9/22 7PM EDT

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
back from the game. Bob played great, Forsberg was alright. I thought Jack played well and Tyutin struggled. Milano started out strong and I think fell off as the game went on. Foligno played great, Joey was pretty strong.

Vaino was pretty bad, had a really bad centering pass turnover in the DZ, but so did Tyutin. Moutrey was more physical than I thought, and if he makes it to the NHL thats how he will make it since he didn't have much skill.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
My thoughts- Main players
A majority of the team struggled today, majority of the time was spent in our D-zone. Our 4th line wasn't too good, Campbell was 3 for 16 from the face off dot. Calvert showed his typical hustle, but none really stood out. They looked better as the game went on though.

Johansen was good. Bobrovsky other than a questionable decision early on in the game was terrific. I thought Tyutin had his good and bad moments.

Prospects-
Sonny Milano needs some 2 way work, not overly impressive(but only Johansen and Bob really were). He tried to cherry pick a couple times, seemed a bit confused/lost/lazy on defense, not too worried.
Michael Palliota- He had his good and bad moments overall I thought. I would need to re-watch tape to have a better feel though.
Veeti Vainio- You can see why he is known for his questionable decision making/defensive abilities on the ice. One bad centering pass. Another play or two that could have ended badly. But, he was out there for the power plays, had a good deke/fake and put a shot on net I believe. Needs to eat, develop, and learn to play smarter, but I still like the pick.
Paul Bittner- I like him. Some questioned his signing an ELC, but he has good size, pretty good speed/skating for his size, and a good shot.
Forsberg- Allowed his first shot faced to go in but settled down after that.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
in limited play, Tyutin is my lead for whipping boy this year...3 different times he failed to keep the puck in...

bob...WOW

milano needs to add some LBs and he'll be lethal...

palliota needs a bit more seasoning...may be a steal in that trade

chuckled that kolesar and bittner were on same line when they're going to be battling in a few weeks on I-5...

REALLY like the 3C line...good chemistry already...gritty, and at the same time will score some goals...should be fun

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
Bob looked fantastic! After that first one got through him, Forsberg looked good, too. Much to be positive about in those highlights, but I'd certainly like to see stronger play from the blueline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad