GDT: PS Game 2: Columbus vs. St. Louis | 9/21 6:30PM EDT

cbjgirl

Just thinking
Jan 19, 2006
about last summer.
Was at the game last night.

Pretty much what you would expect for a patch-work line-up with a lot of rust.

Pretty much agree with assessments of the game so far, but I thought Dano looked OK. Didn't get on the score sheet, but I thought he battled hard, and held his own.

Strong game from Calvert, and Boone.

Agree Prout was off his game. Savard looked good, and thought Heatherington was good.

Had Prout flipped sides relative to last season? Could that be why?

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
the one penalty on Prout was complete and utter BS...the play was coming right at me...i'm pretty sure I could read Prouts name on his jersey while the Blues player pulled him in front to "draw" the interference call...

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
St. Louis hockey writer Jeremy Rutherford spelling Dansk as Gdansk...:shakehead:

I think this is because on the official roster the CBJ put out there was no space between the G and the goalies names.

So on the roster the goalie names showed up like:

GDansk
GAllen

Instead of:

G Dansk
G Allen

It had my wife scratching her head for a few.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Had Prout flipped sides relative to last season? Could that be why?

I did not pay attention to that. But, I don't put much stock into his performance since it was the first day of the pre-season. I will be far more interested in how guys look in the last pre-season game.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
What were some impressions of Hjalmarsson?

decent forecheck, not much from him offensively, a couple of shifty moves...i thinkhe'll be ok...may be getting used to the size of the rink...

but once boone went out, i think everyone went into scramble mode, so maybe after tomorrow we'll get a better idea (if he plays)

dino200022

if tonight was any indication, Josh Anderson will be with this team as a call up at some point this year...

side note, it was pretty cool to meet his dad tonight...came up to CBJP to thank him for the traverse coverage...really nice guy

As a big Knight fan, he has tobe one of my favourites. Kid has a great attitude and is always smiling. Both himself and his family are great people to talk to and are so down to earth it is a nice chsnge of pace for sure, I am rooting for him!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad